Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introduction

introduction

Hi, I have just joined this website, and I'm so happy to of found it, my name is Ellie, I am 30 years old. a few years back I suffered with anxiety and depression, I decided to come off my antidepressants, as I felt I was getting better, so I went 3 years no panic, I felt on top of the world, now all of a sudden out the blue, I had a panic attack at home, and its really scared me, past few weeks been feeling low but I didn't think out of it, but then the anxiety came, I am totally devastated as was hoping I wouldn't have to go through this again, I went to doctors he gave me propranolol (betablockers) but was still having negative thoughts all the time, was feeling very low so went back now on fluoxetine, antidepressants, and hoping they will start to work soon. anyway that's my story so glad I can talk to people who going through the same thing.

Re: introduction

sorry your suffering and i hope this site offers you all the help you need. welcome x

Hi Ellenar1982

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Ellie, welcome to the forum.

Smile Re: introduction

Hi Mark thanks for the welcome

Welcome to NMP. Hope you fine as much support as I have.

Hi Ellie
    Welcome!..hope you're feeling a bit better today..xx

Hi thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, has anyone come off propranolol with out any problems? I'm currently taking 20mg fluoxetine and 40mg propranolol I was taking it 3 Times aday but the doc said could start to Weane myself off them as I don't like taking to many tabs, so I'm down to 1 a day for a few days and wasn't going to take one last night but at 9:30pm my heart started to beat fast and thought was going to have a panic attack so I then had to take my propranolol and I felt ok eventually and now I'm scared to come off them. if anyone got any advice please let me know. thanks

Hi Elle, I was on Fluoxetine and Propanolol now I'm on another antidepressant and Propanolol. I used to take 40mg up to 3 times a day and did so for just a week or so, cut down to twice a day for about a month and then to just in the morning for another month or so and stopped approx 3 months after starting. I didn't have any problems stopping and occasionally took one when I was feeling stressed and getting palpitations when I was stabilised on the Fluoxetine.
    I'm now back taking them whilst trying to get stable on a new antidepressant but am rubbish at remembering to take tablets and only take two a day and miss the odd day with no ill effects at all and I'm usually sensitive to the side effects of meds but nothing with the Propanolol so hopefully you'll be fine too
    Take Care
    Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information