Thread: Ectopics are Back-help needed

Ectopics are Back-help needed

Hi everyone, well started with ectopics out of the blue last year very scary they lasted around 4 mths then stopped. well there back with vengeance can feel the flutters all day long.
    I`m frightened to exercise, not sure if to go back to docs as only had an ecg no other tests, it`s such an uncomfortable sensation so fed up.
    Does anyone link it to indigestion as have suffered with acid reflux for years & do seem to belch alot when i`m getting them, take care everyone anxiety is an awful mind game and such a struggle for so many of us

Re: Ectopics are Back-help needed

hi Missworry.. i've been researching this myself over the past few days... have been having palpitations and missed heartbeats, due to have a 24hr monitor done in the next week or so.

my doc says probably normal, nothing to worry about, and i specifically asked her if an inflammed/upset stomach can cause these heart symptoms and she said yes... the proximity of the stomach to the heart is one factor, the vagus nerve which splits and goes on to both organs is the other... any irritation in one organ can affect the other..

i've also had a lot of wind coming up, and it seems to ease my heart as well as my stomach when it's out!

see if you can calm your tummy down, and you may well find the heart calms too.

Re: Ectopics are Back-help needed

Hi Missworry - my skipped beats, ectopics etc are back with a vengeance too. Been about 3 days now and driving me mad....literally! Also had sharp chest pain this eve when I breathed in which lasted for about an hour. Ended up in tears to 2 of my friends who are nurses, who took my pulse and reassured me I was a good colour and I did manage to calm down a bit. Still gettting the ectopics though. It's maddening isn't it? Anxiety is horrible.

Thread Information