Thread: Chest feels 'blocked' Heart Rate over 100. HELP

Chest feels 'blocked' Heart Rate over 100. HELP

Hi all,

As some of u might remember Ive been having a lot of palpitations, that are now becoming almost painful when I have them. I get long runs of them and it's scaring me.

I had an echo on the 7th Jan which said all was normal valve wise and that the only thing notable was that the left ventricle was on the 'upper limits' of normal.

Today I went to my GP after feeling very anxious that my chest almost feels 'blocked', like when I breathe in theres something big in the way in my chest, something heavy. I had an xray on friday which was clear, also had bloods done on Friday and no infection then.

He agreed that he will organise a 24 hr holter monitor (which could take weeks!), but that he suspects its my anxiety and that it'll be 'normal' palpitations (if you know what i mean!). Im scared. All day Ive been taking my pulse and even when sitting down its 105-110 when usually its 80 or so. Im only 29 and feel like Im about to die. All the ECGs Ive had in the past (have had a lot) havent shown anything but they never caught the palps :(

I feel shaky and my chest feels sore as well as my upper back. I also have a slight headache.

Am really scared and really unhappy. Wouldnt my echo have shown something serious? Or can you stil have major heart problems? Would my heart have changed much since 7th Jan when the echo was done? Could it have enlarged to even bigger since then?

Sorry all, I just need some help.

Charlotte

p.s. GP has given me some beta blockers to slow down heart rate, but am scared to take them as feel dizzy already :(

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

anyone? x

Re: Chest feels 'blocked' Heart Rate over 100. HELP

Hi Charlotte. After all the tests you have had done I would say it is you anxiety.

Chest and and upper back pain is common with nearly everyone from time to time but it can be made worse with poor posture an most anxiety sufferers do suffer from poor posture due to in activate and in my case being a couch potatoe.

Pulse rate with anxiety can be up and down mine runs now at around 55-70 but sometimes for no reason it can be 120 for a few days! That's anxiety for you.

I was put on blood pressure pills a few years ago I only took them for about 4 days they lowered my heart rate down to 30ish bpm so take care with BB.

I'm waiting on the results of my echo only had it done last Thursday.

So Charlotte look at it as anxiety testing you again.

an echo will show up any structure problems with your heart and the fact you git a clear result a few weeks ago would make heart enlargement near impossible all your symptoms sound like high anxiety im going through the same thing for the past few months finally got to see the cardiac consultant last week who gave me the all clear tho i asked for a 24 hour tape cos my palps didn't show up on ecg

that sore chest and back feeling is all down to muscle tension i have it too i get it in my arms as well

little bit of advice take the beta blockers i didn't want to take them at the start but they do help with the high hr also stay off Google websites and stop checking pulse you wouldn't believe the conditions i was convinced i had due to this

best of luck

I concur on the tight chest, back thing.....so uptight all the time....pins and needles left side too
    Hope you feel better soon

oh the pins.and needles im getting that and would you believe i find myself starting to worry bout ms i hate this health anxiety

Thread Information