Thread: Help needed - I'm so scared.

Help needed - I'm so scared.

Guys, I've been trying to put this out of my mind, but I'm really getting upset.

Basically, I'm 21, and a virgin. I've met a girl online, who I met in real life about 5 weeks ago, and I'm absolutely crazy about her. She's coming to stay with me in 10 days, for 6 days. We really adore each other, so, so much. We talk every day without fail, for hours and hours at a time. She thinks I'm absolutely gorgeous, and really cares about me.

Anyway, we've basically both said that when she comes to stay with me, we'll most likely end up having sex. She's even gone on the pill in preparation. She's more sexually experienced than I am, and has been in long term relationships before and had sex. She knows that I'm a virgin, and that I have literally ZERO sexual experience of almost any kind.

When I was last with her, I was getting erections just from kissing her and having her close. However, being predisposed to worry and stress out, I began worrying about the fact that I'm on medication (anti-depressants, Effexor-XL 225mg) that inhibits my sex drive. That seed of worry has essentially become a lot worse, and now I'm beginning to dread the concept that I simply won't get an erection when I'm with her, and that I'll disappoint her and let her down, or that she'll think less of me or think I'm pathetic.

Up until about a week ago I'd get turned on just talking to her on MSN about wanting to be with each other etc, but now because of all the worrying I'm doing, it's all I can think about.

In case it isn't painfully obvious by this point, I have issues with depression and anxiety, particularly anxiety, all of which she's well aware of. She's even aware of the fact that my meds inhibit my sex drive, and that I generally only get an erection if I sit down and summon one. We're very open, and in love, and it's the first time I've ever been on the cusp of going this far and being this vulnerable with a girl, and I'm so, so desperate for it to go well.

I also realise that by worrying so much, and stressing out, I'm just making any problems I could have more likely, but that just makes it harder for me not to worry.

I even tried to drop down to a lower dosage of my meds to get back some of my old horniness, but I got bad, bad withdrawal symptoms, and have felt 10 times worse all yesterday and today. Suffice to say I'm just going to stick with my regular dose.

I just talked to her, and it was the only thing on my mind the whole time. I'm so, so scared, guys. I don't want to fail at sex the first time I even try it, and let down the girl I love. I know it may well be because I've messed with my meds, but I've seriously been crying my eyes out for hours now. I don't know what to do.

Phil,
    Your worrying too much mate! i cant say stop worrying, because for us is simply just not that easy. Im picking up that your anxious over the fact that your 21 and a virgin? so not needed! it happens when it happens. Plus, ther is no rule saying that your deffinetly going to have sex! you might not! this girl may be just as nervous as you about the whole thing.
    Remember you dont have to have sex if you dont want to. either way she'll be happy! girls like to know its not all about the sex with males! Weather you have it or not, it doesnt matter! as long as your happy with her company its all that matters. your bound to be nervous at the moment, i would be! i get nervous about walking out my door! anything new we are always making something big about it. I think your gonna do great, with or without the sex, totally upto you!
    BUT, what do i know, im in the same virginity boat as you!
    Becci x

i forgot to ask, the last time you met her, was it as bad as you thought it would be?! bet it wasnt! you mentioned in the post last time that you feared losing control, bet you didnt do that either, because youve obviously kissed her!
    Remind yourself of the last time you met, maybe how you calmed down after getting used to it all. Once your together, it'll not be anxiety on your mind, but more like sexual frustration!~in a good way!
    Becci x

Hi ya phil,
    im sorry to hear you're feeling scared at the moment. i think if this girl really loves you she wont mind waiting untill you ready. sex is nothing you have to rush in to, only you know when you're fully ready. and lets face it, sex in real life is nothing like the movies. and the first time for most people is not that great. its something that you have to work on. im sure you know when the time is right.
    take care
    love,
    twiglet xx

Hi Phil,

You should concentrate less on the sex and more on the love you have between you - that's by far the most important thing. Once you are together and get talking, it will all get a lot easier and everything will fall into place. Don't forget that these performance worries are normal for a lot of men - they are not something that you get just because you happen to be suffering from anxiety, so don't be thinking it's linked to your condition. It's all part of the anticipation and excitement of a new relationship.

She sounds like a great girl. I'm sure you'll both have a wonderful time, whatever you do!

Eeb x

Ah Phil sex is a minor part of being in love it can just happen naturally, dont try and focus on "OH I NEED TO PERFORM" that will make matters worst. Just try and enjoy being with her and if it happens then hey !! great just go with the flow hun.

Hi Phil, when you are together just relax and enjoy each other's company, if you don't end up having sex then oh well never mind there is always another time and I'm sure your girlfriend will be very understanding about it. The more you see this girl the more relaxed you will become and sex will come naturally when you are ready, the love you feel for each other is just as important, if it does happen then great but worrying will not help.

Good luck,

Polly

Dear Phil,
    its so easy to have sex but its so hard to make love... don't think about sex but think about how to enjoy your love together and get your souls to be one ...
    just let your feelings out and you can reach the sky with your emmotions and you can get a strange great feeling that you won't be able to get it again cause its your first and its with someone you love

i think this is what you must think about... how to show your true feelings and Make Love.. and believe me she will be happy to see this love
    Best Wishes

Lonely Heart

Thread Information