Thread: ive got a really wierd symptom

ive got a really wierd symptom

hi everyone
    i was wondering if anyone has this,
    i am on propranolol to stop the palps, the past couple of days though i have this strange feeling in my heart, its like its moving slightly over to the side, and like its squeezing in my chest, its def not my chest tightening cos i have that, also heart dully thumping now and then. feels like its going to pop if anyone knows what i mean?
    thanks
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this:(

oh and in my back which i think is my lung now, this might be the lung then that i can feel in the front also, muscular maybe
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

HI juju

Wish I could help with this but I can't really. But I do know that everything I ever feel fills me with fear that its something bad, when really its the anxiety/adrenaline which are causing the symptoms rather than anything life threatening.

I usually find when I distract myself the symtoms ease off, then I realise its not caused by meds or anything else, but by anxiety. So still uncomfortable, but not dangerous.

If you are still worried perhaps you could speak to your GP or call NHS helpline for advice if you are concerned about side effects.

Lisa.

Hi,Im on propranolol and I dont have any side affects.I Suffer from phobias of taking medication.I usually think Im going to get all the horrid side affects.I get my mum to take the side affect paper out of the packet so I cant read it.Anxiety Im sure is causing these horrid feelings your getting.If you are worried see your doctor again.They may change the medication for you.
    take Care.

Ellen XX

I have that exact feeling too and have done (as well as the sharp one) as long as I can remember.

For a while I was getting the back pain you describe, like a sharp pain between my shoulder blades. I'd forgotten about it until I read your post. Guess it must have gone away, although will probably come back now I've thought about it again.

I don't take anything for my palps but when I get them I don't get a tightening but just a thumping and like you say, as though it's moved over to the side. I also get the same thumping and squeezing feeling in my throat and stomach from time to time.

thanks for your info guys,
    i have been on propranolol for 4 mnths without any probs, the palps have subsided with them, today its a sharp pain up the centre of my chest, breathless( not too bad) i went and read about heart block didnt i,
    and i know propranolols side effects is one of these, i shouldnt read things, but i cant help it sometimes. im scared now cos the symptoms of heartblock are a fast or irregular heartbeat, restlesness, anxiety symptoms, short of breath and a fullness feeling in the heart, and chest pain. OHHH MY GOD.

if im ok by tomm i know its just anxiety
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Thread Information