Thread: Strict schedule

Strict schedule

So im fine when i have company but friday to tuesday im a mess. Fridays not so bad but when the eldest (5) the minute she gets home fri to monday morning is like a whirlwind- shes not the calmest of kids.

So last friday i thought we would go out after school, everything went well but the minute we got to the cafe i started panicking, no trigger-so went off home.

I planned this week to get a strict schedule in order with lots of walking (excersise used to help) but after the episode on friday im nervous.

What works for everyone else?Thumb twiddling or getting up going through the panic and doing something?

Re: Strict schedule

Hi Lou. I'd say to built it up gradually not expect too much too soon. Take it easy & be as relaxed as possible (difficult of course but if you are tense then of cousre it'll take less for the trigger to happen). Having routine i important to me. Sticking to my daily routine but not strict. In the sense that sometimes it'll change. Particularly weekends, my partner & I tend to make that up as we go along. We do try to get out for a walk tho but sometimes I feel soooooooo lazy. Remember to be kind to yourself about all this coz you are worth it.

Re: Strict schedule

Lou I think the waiting or anticipation of doing anything however trivial tends to build up ones anxiety .I cant' stand being in the waiting room at the doctors or dentists but when I am actually with them I get distracted and the anxiety ebbs away.
    Even stuck at traffic lights with me as a passenger sets off my anxiety to a higher degree.

Thread Information