Hey guys

I just wanted to say that I want to be convinced about CBT and graded exposure therapy but still am to be! I have 'mild' agoraphobia now after many many years and a specific phobia as well as health anxiety and I find that my thoughts are so deeply ingrained...don't even know what they are half the time. I also have immense difficulty in actually being able to differentiate between anxiety/panic and there being something actually wrong. I mean a woolly head and feeling light headed doesn't necessarily mean anxiety, but can then cause anxiety! I don't think it is that simple as CBT aims to be.
How can you ever lose your fear of panic? They say to gradually exposure yourself but that isn't really losing your fear of panic, more losing your fear of a bit of panic!
Plus with me, my life interferes with my whole idea of gradually exposing myself to the outside world, such as I have to take my daughter to an interview or I have an appointment or I simply have to go a certain shop(s) and so back I am again to the beginning as sometimes I feel anxious, sometimes I don't...there is no easy pattern.
Do others find this? I am trying Robin Hall's CBT but still keep discovering that it is a bit simple.
My husband says that people can't be categorised in this way and that a person needs to be treated holistically...not this one size (CBT) fits all. I am inclined to agree and would prefer to see a psychologist who is trained in CBT and exposure but also the intricacies of long term anxiety and phobias. It just aint that simple, is what I think! My counsellor just says, CBT and exposure works...just do it...and rushes me out the door. Hmmmm. What does she think I've been doing for the past twenty years?! The fact that I am even in her office shows I have been doing it as I used to be housebound.
Any thoughts appreciated. Everyone is so supportive here. I went on another site to talk about carers allowance because I care for my husband with depression and also his mother and got subjected to abuse for not working! Lovely. But here, people really do understand. Its because we've been there and really empathise.