Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure I can carry on taking them

Jem27 Guest

Not sure I can carry on taking them

I feel so sick, jittery, heart abit racey etc......

I know all im going to do is worry about side effects so what is the point of being on them? I don't think that fear will go but I have people all around me telling me I have to take them, ive got alot worse etc............ If I don't carry on I know the dr will wash his hands of me as there is nothing else they can do.

I just keep worrying I will have a heart attack, fit, etc.... while im on them and im terrified. I feel really anxious, more than usual but my husband says it will pass as I get use to taking them.

I have taken meds before and they have both been trcyclics same as this one but im really anxious about this one because its an old one thats not often prescribed.

Thanks for everything yesterday.

Morning

You are the only one who can make this decision mate. I think you should give them a chance, but if you're just gonna panic the whole time you're taking them then, no, it's not worth it.

If you won't take them, start pushing for some decent therapy- counselling or something. Or maybe alternative therapies?

Give it some serious thought before you stop.

Good luck.xx

Hi,

It's you being nervous making yourself feel sick.

If you can try a few more days, it will be worth it in the end.

Red

hi jem,
    my advice to you is for you to keep taking them. your body is just getting used to them at the moment, but once you have they will start to do the trick. or at least its worth giving them a try. if you are worried about them, then go to you doctor and see what he says? he's the expert in this. these tabs should be fine. you always get worse before you get better
    good luck
    shellxx

Jem27 Guest
    This is the side effect thats freaking me out, its off the site the GP gets his info off, its not scary other than this. Anyone know what its all about? its really scaring me.

Important: If you experience the following symptoms contact your doctor or go to the accident and emergency department of your local hospital at once:- Fever (high temperature), loss of consciousness, stiffness of the muscles, paleness of the skin, a fast heartbeat, incontinence (passing water without control from the patient), jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes).

Jem,

Well done for taking the first tablet.
    The side effects that you have just listed you dont have.
    Are you wetting yourself uncontrollably, have you gone into a coma, are you yellow?

Nope.

If you were gonna get side effects then you would have when you first took the medication, Symptoms dont get delayed!

The sick and jittery feeling and heart racing is anxiety and panic, I hade the same feelings last night as i was taking my husband out for dinner as it was his birthday and these situations panic me. Once i got there i was fine.

You will be fine love, stick with it, it will be worth it.

Chin up and keep smiling.......

Big hug

Hay x

hi there side affects start just after you start taking them and usually wear off after a while its just your body getting used to them .give them a chance try not to worry and be strong luv suexx

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks so much girls:-)

Hi Jem,

Every medication has a side effect list, even paracetamol and none of us think twice about taking one of those if we have a headache, so put the side effects to the back of your mind and stick with the meds.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Trac, I will try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information