Thread: OMFG (if you have health anxiety DON'T read this)

OMFG (if you have health anxiety DON'T read this)

Hey all, I know I haven't wrote in a while but I've kinda been trying to get better on my own. still haven't been out my house yet, 3 1/2 months! anyways, I had an ECG about 7 months ago and was told i was fine then i moved towns and I got a call off my doctor on friday saying she's just recieved my records and been looking at my ECG results and everything is clearly not fine. Apparently I have an irregular heart beat (which I know is quite common) but i also seem to have a blockage!!! and this was like 7 months ago why didnt my doctor notice it! anyways, I have to go to the hospital and see a cardiologist for some tests and my dads gonna come with me but I'm sooo scared, it'll be the 1st time iv been out my house in like 4 months and i'll have 2 walk about and sit about in the hospital! I'm really scared :'( xxx.

"Everything's good in the end, if it's not good, it's not the end!!!"

Does seem odd that it wasn't picked up on before. However, it's being sorted now, so just try to focus on that. I hate holspitals too, been there too many times with both my father and my husband with heart problems. Thing is, what's the alternative to not going to hospital to get this seen to? More panic and anxiety and what if's! When you feel jittery try and remember why you are there...and deal with the outcome as and when you need to. Don't take on too many thoughts at once...easier said than done I know but much better to cope with each thing as it arises than pre-suppose what is/is not going to happen. I really feel for you and will be thinking of you andhope you won't have too bad a timerof anxiety.

Lotsa Luv
    xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Hi there!
    Please try to take it one step at a time hun you will find it much easier to cope with!
    Im sure everything will trun out just fine.
    Im seeing a cardiologist at the moment for tests.So far i have had a seven day monitor and an echo.In afew few months im haveing fluid put into my body to see if there any blockages!
    So if you need to talk to someone im here to help and surport you if you need it.
    xxxxxxx

Hi Michelle. I wouldn’t worry too much about this if I was you, I went through a similar thing about a year ago, and The ECG machine at your Doctors surgery doesn’t really tell you too much. I got sent to the hospital too and they gave me a real good ECG that involved a treadmill and exercise and it turned out ok. This is properly what they will do to you then the cardio will have a chat to you. Hope it all goes ok, and let us all know how you get on. Take care. Vernon

You new doctor sounds like she's on the ball and you're in good hands. At least they are on the way to helping you now. I had to go to hospital last year and I found that they were very understanding when I told them I found it really hard because of panic and wanted to run away.

Honesty with them is great, all those I came across were lovely, but telling them how hard it all is for you is a good idea if you haven't already. Glad you've got someone to go with you too. That always helps me. Sometimes I babble about complete nonsense to distract myself but I suppose my hubby is getting used to that now.

Just take tiny steps. I went back to work last week. I couldn't cope with the thought of it, so I literally thought of 10 minutes at a time and that was easier. I was not so overwhelmed. Thoughts like: I'll just brish my teeth. Ok I'll get dressed now. Now I'll make myself some lunch (even though I dont want it I know I need something), now I'll make sure my phone and rescue remedy are in my bag. This is what helped me get through. Also my doctor gave me diazepam for night before and morning. Can you doctor help with this? Ask her advice.

Lisa.

Thread Information