Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe/consistant OR debilitating PANIC ATTACKS

Severe/consistant OR debilitating PANIC ATTACKS

How bad are your panic attacks! I always have dips of anxiety but just nearly lost it completely in car and nearly had a full blown panic attack. Could not breath! But short journey and got home so I've calmed down, it's sad I've not been as bad for well over a year.

I would class my panic attacks as severe. 10/10 on a scale. I've only been a GAD and panic sufferer for 2 years and its already ruined my career, I've suffered financially, I've had problems with family regarding my lack of participation & my parents are horrendous as it is, they have caused major problems for me and now I'm 31 & suffer like this, I don't give a damn anymore, It's just the hassle & with having kids its hard!
    Blah blah.
    So severe/acute - mine definatly are!!!!!

What would you score yours out of 10??? And how have they affected your life? XXX
    Last edited by Col; 06-03-13 at 16:24.

Re: Severe/consistant OR debilitating PANIC ATTACKS

I can have them really bad constantly for days and then be not so bad or fine for a few days. It makes it hard to plan anything though as I never know how I am going to be from one day to the next.

When i cant think/be/exist rationally and I find myself siding with the part of my mind that says give in I cant take this that is obviously too much. Once every escape i endeavor to exist is useless it's done for me. 100000000000000000000 out of ten. Few days now

Fine before this. I liked life despite being crippled by some mad mental health thing.

Bascially my husband sat me down this evening and told me that I cant keep living like I am. Too scared to do anything in case of panic, extreme anxiety all the time. So mine is about 100 / 10, sometimes I am okay and can cope but recently, I have become a hermit.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

I really need help....

It's time for a

Annie I'm noticing that pattern, not knowing when it's going to come on but I'm worried even if I'm ok, it put me off even when I've been fine! Do you still plan things and risk it????

Cold water & mel XXXXXXand 's I completely understand, when you get them bad - they're bad. I was agrophobic for 6 months Mel and the guilt I had because of me having kids was horrendous, this is the issue panic attacks don't just feel awful, they mess you up in every other aspect of your life as well!

Thanks for replying.

If I have a few good days I will plan something....for example I had a good week and booked a holiday in Croatia in May. Now I am panicking but determined to get there

I adire your courage but,Don't you worry though in case you can't, or have you got that used to the vicious cycle that you just do it & throw caution to the wind?

Once we went to Portugal and they had to drag me crying to the airport. I had a massive panic attack on the plane and didn't want to get off when we got there! I ended up enjoying the holiday. I usually take a few bottles of rescue remedy with me and diazepam just in case
    Last edited by Annie0904; 06-03-13 at 20:01.

Amazing , Im going to try that resue remedy X

Rescue used to work for me initially before when went off my meds for the first time. It works, but I couldnt survive on it alone. I wouldnt even think of travelling on a plane.

In Such a bad space at the moment. Contemplating whether I should just spend the night at my mom where I will feel safe, or alone at home where I am terrified. My husband is out tonight so im flying solo here and feeling vulnerable. Every few minutes it subsides and then I think, great, its gone now and then whoosh, its back!!

I am desperate now. I was doing so well for about 3 . I notice that everytime they change the brand of citalopram that I take, it is like starting them all over again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information