Thread: is this to be expected?

is this to be expected?

I have been off work for over 2 months due to panic attacks that led to mild depression. I am taking Citalopram and have done for 6 weeks.

I got scared of going out and would have urgent need for the loo at the prospect of going out the door..

Today I went to work for a few hours. Now back home I have tummy ache and want the loo.

I also want to cry and hide. But when I was at work I was fine... Feel so peeved cos' I thought I'd gotten over the anxiety...

Has anyone else been there? Is this 'normal' will it get better? Can I help myself?

Thanks very much for reading this

Hiya,

It is always tiring when we have done something as we are fighting the anxious feelings all the time, the more you do it though the easier it will become, below is a link for the first steps in over coming anxiety and panic, I hope it helps :

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi,

We all have setbacks and get very cross with ourselves at times!! Try not to beat yourself up about it!!

Hugs to you,

Lynnann

Hi sam,Iv just returned to work after being off sick with anxiety and panic attacks for two weeks.It takes a while for everything to settle back down.I also have depression and on citalopram.
    Iv had the problem over 10 years.Things do get better,but me along with alot of other people have relapses.
    You will get thereI get the tummy aches and needing the loo alot to.Your not alone.
    When your a work your busy so you probably dont think about it as much as when your home.
    You take care

Ellen XX

Hey there

I've been off work since last November. I always think I was ok when I was at work, but then the grass is always greener isn't it! I suffer with anxiety and depression and got to the stage where I wouldn't go out. I had to learn that it's little steps. Going to the end of the street when you're feeling like that should be seen as a major achievement.

Hang on in there
    Hangtough

oh thank you folks for responding. It does actually help me ( I didn't think it would but it took me a long time to 'understand' what was happening to me and I am not accepting it well.

And it is brill to know you have the loo problem too Ellen!

Hi again sam,I find when I get tummy ache is to have a glass of soda water.I always keeps a bottle in the fridge.Or try camomile tea,its calming.
    [^]

Ellen XX

Thread Information