Thread: Brown blood after period?

Brown blood after period?

Hey I haven't posted on here in a while because I haven't felt anxious however I'm really worried I could be pregnant. I was on the pill for about a year but I wanted to change to the implant as I feared becoming pregnant if I missed a pill. So before changing to the implant I had to take 7 pills after having it put in which I did (I think) this might sound mad but I don't know if I took all 7 because I thought I'd be ok as I had the implant in already so I wasn't going with the correct days labelled on the pill packet. Since then I've been terrified I'm pregnant I have had a normal period but I've hears you can still be pregnant even if you've had a period, is this true? I had my period about two weeks ago and today I've noticed brown blood in my knickers which is worrying me, I don't know whether to get a pregnancy test, I'm too scared to be honest. Should I just wait for my next period or see the nurse? I had an abortion when I was 15 am now 20 and since this I've lived in guilt with my decision and I never want to make that decision again so I'm really worried. Please help I'll really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Just realised the brown blood happened after I had sex with my boyfriend which happened yesterday and has gone on till today. Now I'm really worried. I also have pain on the left side of my stomach.

Re: Brown blood after period?

Hi ecila92

First of all have a search for previous threads about brown blood, it's old blood which eventually comes out after your period. Sex would encourage it to come out I guess. I've had it numerous times. Sometimes it last a couple of hours, sometimes a couple of days.

Secondly when did you change to the implant? When I changed my pill last year I had a few months worth of "spotting" between periods which my GP told me to expect as it's just due to the change of tablet.

Thirdly yes I've heard that some people have normal periods when pregnant but I think it's uncommon.

And finally.... if you're really worried about all this and about potentially being pregnant then yes, see the nurse. Better to talk to someone supportive than sit on your own on the loo peeing on a plastic stick

I am sure you will be fine love. Take care

Do a test, it will almost certainly be negative. Get one of the early response ones as they are especially sensitive. The brown blood is almost certainly a side effect of the implant. I had an Implanon implant after having my twins because I was so tired I kept forgetting my pill. I kept it in for a year but during that time had lots of random bleeding of all shades of brown and red. Sometimes for a few days, sometimes just a one off, sometimes heavy, sometimes light, sometimes nothing at all for weeks, but never predictable. This drove me mad so after a year I went back on the pill. You might be one of the unlucky women like me who don't suit the implant.

Thanks sunshine77, I changed to the implant about 3 weeks ago so not long at all. I felt slightly more reassured looking up information regarding the implant and apparently it is normal. I think its unlikely I'm pregnant but still possible, I don't want to stress too much I might just wait for my next then I'll realise I wont be pregnant (if I'm not) what do you think?

Thanks twinset, I'm really scared to do a test I might phone up the nurse I'm not sure though..

Smile Re: Brown blood after period?

Do a test, Check the report that it is positive or negative.And yes the reason of brown blood come after long time periods is over. There is an irritation on cervix which causes the slow blood that will turn into brown before it comes out.
    If your test report comes true then you can have abortion pill online for easy termination of pregnancy.

Thread Information