Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts or symptoms?

thoughts or symptoms?

hi everyone
    wondered if anyone else shared my feelings......
    i often think that my thoughts are more tormenting than my anxiety symptoms..
    I have a fear of being ill, getting cancer, and my upmost fear im going through at the minute is my fear there is something wrong with my heart...my thoughts convince me it isnt beating properly, and tell me i will have a heart attack or die from SADS-it is torterous really...and i dont know how to overcome it..i have found CBT useless..more to do with the therapist i think-so when i see him next i will ask to see a psycologist i think-im sure its my fear of dying and death that keeps me in my current state, and i think the reason i feel this way needs to be rooted out..
    Today i have been reading the daily mail-it filled me with dread...the health section was all about death related issues..including a man with unknown high blood pressure that caused him to die at 39-reading things like this does me no good what so ever-i have decided not to read newspapers again, as i put it down feeling jittery, sick and my ectopics came back with avengence-
    i so wish i could return to my old way of thinking-not to even think of death or diseases i could develop-at the minute i cant see i will ever return to my "old self"
    thanx for readingx

You poor thing.I was watching trauma the other night and stared getting anxious just watching it.I need to stay away from watching these programmes thet put things in my head.I know how you feel.I also wish I didnt think so negative.[8)]

Ellen XX

Hi,

OH you sound so like me its unbelievable. Thou my symptoms are my worst point but then again its a vicious circle for us health anxiety sufferers. Im here if you wanna chat.

Take Care

Mandyxx

I'm the same! When Kylie was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, my left armpit started hurting and I was convinced I had it too. Turned out I kept pulling muscles trying to open the kitchen window 'cos I couldn't be bothered to stand on a chair (I am vertically challenged a bit like Kylie herself!!!!!!)

I also read an article on ovarian cancer, and bingo, I had that too!

I have learned that "avoidance" isn't necessarily the right thing to do either though - I suppose we all need to face our fears. But I do agree with you - its the thoughts that need sorting out.

I just wish I could just accept and ignore symptoms instead of catastrophizing all the time.

Hi YA

im exactly the same, even casulty starts me off, 2day ive been feeling pretty rubbish and i think its coz the inlaws are coming 4 a week 2moro and without realising im panicing

take care hun
    leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

hello [8D]
    you sound like me too!!!!
    just lately im sitting there and im thinking oh my god i could have a heart attack in a minute and die, thats without having any symptoms at all.
    i used to love watching holby, casualty and all the docs on hospitals but i cant any more it just freaks me out!!
    as for the mags and newspapers just stay clear they are all full of doom and gloom and makes our minds go haywire.
    if its any help i went on ebay today and found some really good cds for a small amount of money, they are for anxiety.
    anyway take care

mandy d

Everytime I hear the word cancer or notice on TV, my anxiety seems to go into overdrive.

Red

man i have everything,heart problems,brain problems,cancer,ms,you name it ive got the symptoms for it.It really sucks i feel like a complete idiot,i have been to the docs and emergency heaps of times and yep you guessed it nothing wrong.But the question is how do we fix it and return to normal.

Oh, definitely! And while the internet is great for providing information, it can be terrible for those who suffer from this because you can easily research about all kinds of things.

yes like some of you have mentioned i used to love watching holby and casualty and the medical programmes (i trained as a childrens nurse-and used to love working in the hospital)...but now i cant watch them-they put the fear of god into me...yesterday i went for a chest xray in the hospital..and it freaked me out-was so depressing looking..could even smell illness-scared me so..and got me thinking about what if i had to go into hospital................i will leave it there-i could go on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information