Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dizziness

Dizziness

I felt i was getting over these feelings of dizzines but on Sunday in the supermarket I felt I was going to faint and it was overwhelming. Since then I have not been able to go out. I am currently lying on the sofa failing dizzy. What I don't understand is I was feeling very relaxed and happy when this attack took place in the supermarket and I don't know what triggered it. Has anyone else experienced this where they have felt great one moment then felt they were going to pass out?

Thanks

chillx

Yep - happened all the time. I had the dizziness constantly for over 2 years. Didn't know correct breathing would help as no-one told me!

Make sure you eat well and exercise too. Even when you feel dizzy you can do some walking and it helps.

Nicola

Hi Chill, I know exactly how you feel, I have been doing pretty good the past few months then had a bit of a set back a month or so again, It wasn’t to major, but the last couple of mornings I have got out of bed to go to the loo and really got dizzy big time, What a fright? I had to hold the wall to walk a few steps as I was sure I was going to fall, so I ended up going back to bed, It always seems to hit you from nowhere? The main thing to do now is not avoid the place it happened as you know that will only increase the agoraphobia and then make the dizzy spells more often. Take care, hope u feel better soon. Vernon

Hi Chill

I can understand how you feel, i get the dizzy spells also out of the blue, i have trying to concentrate on my breathing while out, and realised i wasnt breathing properly, taking some nice big deep breaths usually takes the dizzyness away.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi I get the same feeling,could never understand why it just happens.I have problems with the breathing and also blood sugars.I get the dizzy feeling just walking sometimes.

Ellen XX

i seem to have this a lot too, it just comes out of nowhere and is very scarey!!! i just read about correct breathing so will try that, hope it works
    Mandy x

positive attitude brings positive results

Thanks everyone. It is reassuring to know that I am not on my own. It is just so scarey. I used to enjoy walking but I have to admit I have lost all confidence going out on my own in case I faint. I really haven't exercised properly in 3 months and i know it is important to get back into it. Thanks again.

chillx

well this is how my anxiety and panic attacks came about...
    i felt fine one minute then bang went dizzy and felt i would faint...it was like something had overtook my body-that was 26 november last year-and i have never been right since...
    it set the "what if i faint, pass out off"..than i started with panic attacks and wondered what was wrong, then came the health anxiety-horrible, i should have left the faint feeling, not worried about it cos ive felt dizzy and had the what if i faint feelings everyday since!!!
    take care

Hi Chill,

I can totally relate to you. I have been housebound for the last week due to bad panic attacks - I am just so scared to go out of the house because I fear I will panic and feel dizzy and faint.

I have set myself a little challenge of walking up the road to the shop today to get something but I am winding myself up about it. I don't want to go out on my own because I am scared I will feel dizzy and faint. I would probably be ok to go if someone else went with me but I need to try and make myself.

Take care,

Cyn x

Hi

I also try telling myself while im out,"So What!" "What if i do faint!whats the worse that can happpen,nothing really!, theres lots of people around that will help!" thinking like that gives me reasurrance. And i must add that in the 10 years i have suffered with these dizzy im going to faint episodes i havent fainted once.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information