Thread: food

food

hi might sound a bit daft but when anxiety is high i have a real prob with cooking dont wont to cook eat etc. does any one have any probbs like this
    ian

Re: food

I can't even watch people cooking on TV when my anxiety is bad. I just don't like to see food :(

Lots of people don't feel like eating when they are down or depressed, don't worry it's normal. Just try eating little and often, that's what I do.

I'm the same, when I'm like this I try to eat something little or something I perceive as safe such as toast. Quite normal for appetite to disappear with anxiety!

My appetite totally disappeared for weeks. My anxiety symptoms got bad 7 weeks ago, and some days I still struggle to eat. Cooking is difficult, and I have had to push myself to cook for the family. I used to love cooking too!

I have a friend who is off work with anxiety at the moment, and he says he just wants to eat all the time and is putting on loads of weight

I try to make sure what I do eat is nutritious now and have things like smoothies or complan at hand when it's a bad day

hi thank u thats a help
    regards
    ian

When im feeling good, i love to cook or go out for meals, food is one of my favourite things! but when im feeling depressed or anxious, my appetite goes completely. I think maybe when i feel like im losing control in other areas of my life, food is one thing i can control, by not eating i feel a little bit more in control of things if that makes sense.

Yes, absolutely, when I get bad I don't even want to think about food because it makes me feel sick, I have to FORCE food down. Problem is that causes my blood sugar to get very low and exacerbates the nausea. The way I deal with that when I get like that is to drink high sugar milkshakes to keep my blood sugar levels up and eat whenever I get a moment where I feel like I can.

Yes I can relate to this. When I'm feeling anxious, I just can't bring myself to concentrate on day to day things like eating. When I'm feeling depressed, I struggle to find the motivate to cook anything. I just snack on things like toast and crisps through the day as I can't face actual cooking.

Thread Information