Thread: Symtoms of loneliness.

Symtoms of loneliness.

I wanted to share this with everyone here as I have this problem.If you can relate to it please reply.

Some years go I was travelling into the city by bus.There was a guy on the bus at the back on his own.One thing that was unusual was he seemed to be miming his thought.He was acting out whatever he was thinking about at that moment.Years later when I became agoraphobic and on my own too much I discovered that I do that.

Everyday this happens to me.Whatever I'm thinking about such as thinking about talking with someone I act out that conversation in mime.At times I might blurt out the odd word.Sometimes I'll blurt out a lot.Its annoying when I'm thinking of someone who made me angry and I act out what I would like to say to them.

The whole point here is I'm not the only person here who is on my own everyday.I'm not the only person lonely here and if you are too I would like to encourage you to reply to this topic so you have someone to share your problem with.If you are lonely because you are on your own too much please reply.I understand how this feels.

Chris.

Re: Symtoms of loneliness.

Chris,

Are you familiar with Dr. Claire Weekes? She's also from Australia.

I have some of her mp3's and in one I remember her saying not to worry about talking to yourself because it won't make you go crazy and she talks to herself too.

I'm not alone very often but I do experience loneliness especially since my fiance is a golfer. It's almost golf season now and I hope he won't play 6 days a week this year.

Laura

http://www.claireweekes.com.au/index.html

Hi Laura.I found that site just in case others wanted to read up.

I need to get out of this habit.Its not normal to mime your thoughts-talk to yourself especially when you're out in public.It looks out of place and it attracts unwanted attention to yourself.Its caused by being alone too long.The cure is to have social contact and thats in person not online.Being online has no affect on it.

I've been on my own for over 12 years.It took around 1 year for this to start.I live on my own,have chronic fatigue (cfs) ocd and agoraphobia although I'm almost recovered from ocd.Its the cfs that keeps me at home since early 2000.

I lknow its normal to talk to yourself.People do it while even writing out their shopping list.But,this is loneliness.

Chris.

Good luck Chris,

I hope you will be able to break your habit. It sounds quirky and I like quirky people. I think I would find you unique and interesting if I saw you doing that.

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Denv12 View Post
    http://www.claireweekes.com.au/index.html

Hi Laura.I found that site just in case others wanted to read up.

I need to get out of this habit.Its not normal to mime your thoughts-talk to yourself especially when you're out in public.It looks out of place and it attracts unwanted attention to yourself.Its caused by being alone too long.The cure is to have social contact and thats in person not online.Being online has no affect on it.

I've been on my own for over 12 years.It took around 1 year for this to start.I live on my own,have chronic fatigue (cfs) ocd and agoraphobia although I'm almost recovered from ocd.Its the cfs that keeps me at home since early 2000.

I lknow its normal to talk to yourself.People do it while even writing out their shopping list.But,this is loneliness.

Chris.

Hi Laura.

Thank you.I'm flattered.

I have a sense of humour that makes me quirky to say the least.Thats in my favour.

I saw a guy miming his thoughts years ago when I was on a bus one morning.Its really bad.He acted out everything that was going through his mind.It was very sad that I saw it.

People walk past the unit(apartment)I live in and they hear me talking and when they see me at the kitchen sink its really embarrrasing.You can be miming then blurt out words at random almost like a Tourette thing but its just loneliness.Homeless people do it.

Chris.

Chris,

I've never seen anyone do that. Try not to worry, you're only human just like the rest of us.

I hope you will find someone that lives near you that can help you to feel less lonely than you do.

Laura

I drive a truck for a living so I am alone 12 hrs a day. I talk to myself constantly OUT LOUD! Don't feel so bad about it. I sort of look at it this way.... who in the hell else are u supposed to talk to? Keep on doing it and don't be ashamed ... I think it is fine and totally normal. If someone tells me they never do that I think they are the weird one.... haha

Thread Information