Thread: New here: brain tumor or anxiety?

New here: brain tumor or anxiety?

Hi I am a 16 year old girl and I have been a hypochondriac for as long as I can remember. First i thought I had throat cancer because i had trouble swallowing. Now I believe I have a brain tumor an it's driving me insane! I had a couple of the symptoms. I sometimes (not all the times) get morning headaches with nausea that get better by like 9 am and they start at 7 am. I get these mild pains all over my head that last about 2-3 seconds and sometimes I get a numb feeling that last about 2 seconds in the back of my head. Also I get some muscle twitching in my legs, arms, and my head jerks when I am laying down. I did talk to my mom about it and she thinks i have been googling to much and that I need to stop thinking about it. I'm just really scared! Help??? I have no dizziness, no loss of balance, and little memory less. This has been going on for over a year maybe 1 year and a half

Re: New here: brain tumor or anxiety?

have you been to see your doctor to discuss your concerns

No I haven't. My mom doesn't think it's necessary and I only agree because I'm afraid of what they will tell me.

I think you need to discuss this with your doctor. None of us on here are able to diagnose whether you have a brain tumour but I would place every penny I have on saying that you don't and you have health anxiety.

Can you not go and see your doctor without your parents?

Thread Information