Thread: Stomach problems - Does anyone get this?

Stomach problems - Does anyone get this?

I have noticed with my stomach it feels like I am nervous but I am not. My thoughts do make me feel nervous but there is nothing to be nervous about but it gives me a generally sick nervous feeling in my stomach.

Today I had it all day and it has given me hell it makes me feel so unwell too and drained. At lunch time I felt hungry but when I thought about eating I felt really sick. I feel like when I do eat I wont be able to keep anything down as the thought of vomiting comes to mind.

I felt hungry and got some dinner tonight and after a couple of mouthfuls I felt sick again that nervous sick feeling with a mild stomach ache.

Yes I do have IBS and have been diagnosed for seven years but is this a typical Ibs thing? I have had a stomach like this pretty much all my life and more so when I got diagnosed.

It makes me feel so drained and feel unwell so I wish I didn't have this :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Re: Stomach problems - Does anyone get this?

Sorry I can't give you a suggestion on how to make it better but I can tell you that those symptoms are pretty classic for my IBS. I always describe it like my stomach is unsettled. It feels like the food isn't sitting right and that I could just throw it back up but I don't actually feel sick to the point of throwing up, just nauseous a bit (if you know what I mean). It also feels sometimes like I am about to have an upset stomach but that never happens. Or that my stomach needs to 'turn over' like it does when you are hungry, and growl but that never happens either.

TBH the only way I have ever gotten over it is to not think about it. I still struggle with this (currently going through an episode myself) and just last Autumn I was sick with it for 3 months because I restricted what I ate and kept thinking about it. I was swallowing loads of antacids (despite being on PPIs) and that was actually making it worse. It only got better when I started allowing myself to eat again and stopped consentrating on my stomach.

So basically I think it is a stress thing as well as a nervous thing. Are you feeling particularly stressed at the moment?

Re: Stomach problems - Does anyone get this?

Hi Jennielouise

THanks for the reply and yes my stomach is like yours too. I do get nervous with things a lot and it seems to affect my tummy when I do.

I always fear eating sometimes because of feeling really ill afterwards its really annoying aye.

Thread Information