Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NHS Direct scared me

NHS Direct scared me

Hi all

I posted recently about symptoms I've been getting in my ears jaw and neck but nobody replied:(
    Anyway I rang NHS direct and after listening to me droning on, she sounded quite worried and said it needed investigating.Worse still, she said she doubted it was because my ears needed syringing (which is what I was reassuring myself with).

The symptoms are tingling in my ears, extending down my jaw, insides of my cheeks, down my neck, alternating both sides. Its pretty uncomfortable, but not quite painful.

I really don't want to serach for what it 'could be'.

Now Im in raging panic mode.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!

NHS direct are as bad as Google sometimes.
    If you are worried, go to your Gp and they will soon put your mind at rest.
    Dont be frightened, but best to get it checked, so that you can prevent getting so wound up with what if's!

Good luck x

Hay x

I agree with Hayles NHS do seem to scare us more than google, When I have phoned I have been told to go to A & E which is usually at night and quite a long trek from my home. I don’t think most of these nurses who answer the phone on NHS understand much about anxiety disorders, not saying they are not good and well trained, but to clear there self they have to do something. And usually if you do go to A & E wait for hours and hours then get told see your GP you have anxiety. What you are getting in your ears and face I think could quite possibly be anxiety related, I have suffered anxiety, panic and phobias on and of for so many years and the amount of different symptoms I have had is unbelievable. Hope you feel better soon, Vernon

Carley ive had this! in fact i called the nhs over it!! in the same week i was phoning them about twice a day!
    I have a laptop and write alot on paper etc, and my head is always down, it was just tension. The nhs are useless, everytime i call them i have to tell them i have anxiety but even the nhs dont understand that! they just lolk at the common symptoms you get during an attack, not tension related etc.
    If you really are worried, see your gp. If it wss that bad and the nhs thought it was REALLY BAD, they would have called an ambulance, but they didnt they left it in your hands.

Becci x

Hi Carly

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I have delt with NHS direct a few times with problems with by kids. They are there to help, but most of the time they nearly always end up saying, go get it checked out. Remember they are only there to advice you, they cannot tell you wants wrong over the phone. The lady you spoke to must have seen that your were soooo worried thats why she said it needed investigating.

I know its dame hard, but try not to worry, Please go and see your GP because peace of mind goes along way.

Please let us know how you get on.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Thanks guys,

The logical part of me is saying as I've had this weeks, the wait til Friday for a GP appt. isn't gonna kill me.

But then I think this NHS Direct woman mentioned loads of the other symptoms I have, like chest pains, and joint pains, and I'm thinking GOD WHAT THE HELL IS IT?

As much as I like the tension idea, I don't think it would have lasted that long and got worse.

carly, you'd be amazed what tension can do! the pins and needles and numbness in my face and jaw was unbelievable, thought id been hit in the face with a frying pan. was awful. i cried, but couldnt feel the tears!

the nhs always asks bout achey joints and pains etc,just as routine.

Becci x

oh.... bout the tinglint in the ears, if your muscles are tense they will tense other muscles that connect to your ears. i couldnt figure out for the life of me why i felt like my ears were heavy! heavy ears lol!!! was really really weird!! but it went after i got a new symptom, my body is just so sentazized and my mind likes to take advantage of that.

Thanks Becci

I just feel all over the place at the moment. Got myself in a right old tizz.
    Now I can't remember what the hell I'm supposed to be doing so I'm doing nothing.Except dwelling.

Sorry to be a misery.

Carly

Have you looked up TMJ atall?

Nicola

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information