Thread: i'm so worried

i'm so worried

hello

i'm in a dreadful state.

hope someone can help. I feel terrible, shaking, can't keep still. I think I have cancer. I can't stop worrying about it, i'm not sleeping or eating.

I don't know if i'm on the correct sub forum.

I really need some help and advice.

thank you

Re: i'm so worried

Hi Elizabeth
    I have health anxiety and am always convinced I have some horrible disease too.

Have you spoken to your doctor about the way you feel?

Things will get better

Hi Elizabeth

This forum has many people in similar situations like your own. I now am suffering from anxiety attacks but know that they will not harm me. Four years ago my partner was in a terrible state she could not eat or sleep. She lost nearly four stone. Every thing worried her she thought she was dying. She was convinced no one could help. We eventually got her to the doctors and after a short period of time she was back on an even status.

Go to your doctor they will help.

Best wishes

Ed

thank you, yes i've been several times.

about a month ago i started having a lot of wind and abdominal cramps. Then came the low back pain.

I'd just finished my period, they are irregular as i'm perimenopausal (i'm 47).

I went to see my doctor, she said my gastric problems were to do with the menopause. I went back the next day because a friend from work noticed that i wasn't too good. she told me about ovarian cancer being the silent killer. I came home and checked online and this is why i went back to dr's the next day.

different gp, a man this time. He examined me but didn't offer anything with regard to a diagnosis.

He scheduled blood tests, including ca125, and a lot of others too.

I've been in a terrible state, on the sunday (3 weeks ago) H took me to a and e - my back was terrible, really sensitive right at the bottom in the centre. they sent me home - said i had a kidney infection. I hadn't because my gp did a proper urine test, they sent it to the hosp, not the dipstick type that the other gp used.

I went back to my own surgery, saw another lady gp. I was frantic, i was late with my smear test, a year or so. She did an internal exam, and said that my cervix looked 'chunky' that there were, from what she could see 'normal looking nodules' on it. I was bleeding at the time so she said she couldn't see that well. She said that my uterus seemed swollen, and asked about my periods etc, which i said were heavy(ish) sometimes. she said she would ask for an ultrasound scan, and I have received the appointment letter. She also said to have my smear done, which i have and the result is normal.

I don't know if the smear would detect if i had cancer of the cervix tho, i've looked it up on here and there's conflicting info. I did ask the nurse if my cervix looked okay/is there anything nasty down there and she said no.

My blood tests have come back and they're all okay. I told the dr that i was terrified cos i think i have cancer. He said that nothing had shown up that would indicate cancer, that he wasn't looking for it, but 'something would be out' if i had cancer. This was a couple of weeks ago. He said the ca125 result was fine, as were the other bloods.

I had a terrible day yesterday and last night, didn't sleep at all over night. I have had panic attacks today. I went back to see my dr, (yes again)! and he gave me some antidepressants to take. He said that i have my ultrasound coming up soon, and that he thought it wouldn't show anything to worry about, that it's unlikely that i have cancer.

I'm terrified that i have cervical/uterine/ovarian C. I've found some info online says that it is picked up by a smear, some that it isn't. It's advanced cancer of the cervix that i'm most worried about, can't get this out of my head however much i try.

would C show up in my bloods? does anyone know. Again conflicting info online on this one.

I don't know what to do to try to ease my mind, seems nothing works.

E

hello i am new here aswell i was diagnosed with ovarian cancer a little over 3 years ago and one of the ways the checked that i am free from cancer is with blood tests so yes they do show up ,i allso suffer with bad anxiety so know whats its like to worrie ,the scan will allso show if anything is going on hope this helps

little miss,

you're so brave, i admire you immensly.

how did they detect your OC, and what were your symptoms? if you don't mind me asking.

would cervical cancer show in blood tests? I don't know if my doctor did a specific test for CC. I'm off my head with worry now.

wish we all could feel same Liz its so sad to be alone but hey life goes on i wish you the best

i wouldnt say im brave it was hard at the best of times and still go a little way to go , but thank u i starting getting pains in my belly went to the doctor she had a feel at first though i was preg as she could feel something but the test came back that i was not ,so i got sent for a USscan witch found i had a lump of 14cm by 13 so a big old lump they remove all of my right tube and lump ect sent it away for tests a few weeks later i had a appointment with the hospital for the results witch come back as a grade 2 cancer a rare form of it, iv been having bloods and scans sence then and lucky all have been clear i still get pains from the scar where i had the op , thats the short story as i could be here for hours typring away lol,,,, i think all cancers will show up in the blood from what i know , so try not to worry go for your scan as they will see any lumps ect on that

Thread Information