29 19.86%
  • youngest child

64 43.84%
  • only child

12 8.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: birth position in family and anxiety

birth position in family and anxiety

I've just been reading about your place in the family and anxiety. According to the article first borns are susceptible to anxiety whilst youngest children are the most chilled out and relaxed. Its certainly true for me, I'm the eldest and suffer anxiety. I was wondering if it was true of anyone else?
    So, what is your birth position?
    Thanks
    Helen

I was the middle child. My older sister is sooo relaxed and confidant it irratates me! She's forever embeaarssing herself and just laughs it off! She sometimes stammers with words, but laughs it off aswell! She's easily stressed,has health problems aswell as epilepsy, som sort of skin disorder that causes her ski to darken and go dry in places and she also has ulcers and IBS. but.... she's sooo chilled!
    My younger brother? dont even get me started! hes a pain! and not in the slightest bit nervous about anything.

My mum, who i learnt the behaviour from was one of 7 childeren and i think she was 3rd youngest? not too sure bout that, but she's also the only one who suffered, but her mum siffered too and so did her mums sister.
    Becci x

i have 4 siblings and im the youngest we all got it im the worst :( my son had a a bit going on at 3rd grade i had to go to school with him omg as i panicked but had to do it ..tg it passed like in a month or 2 now my oldest who is almost 22 has developed eating in public phobia im trying to get him out of it ........so it def runs in the family.....my dad side they more or less all had it or still have it........but if caught soon enough u can beat it quicker than not knowing what it is..............best to ya Linda[8D]

I have got one brother whos 7 years older than me, and if he was anymore laid back hed be dead.
    Looking back i vaguely remember that my mum suffered with panic but not so severe she also suffered with anxiety.
    Ive got 2 children who have inhereted the high blood pressure that runs in my family, i only hope they dont inherit panic and anxiety.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Im the youngest of three, i would say im the most chilled out but im the only one that suffers with anxiety ( if that makes any sense!! [:I] )

My brothers are both workaholics so they do stress alot and over very small things but dont have anxiety or panic like i do.

Im the only one in my family that has anxiety and panic and i hope so much i dont pass it on to my children.

Thanks for all your responses! I know this is justt a small poll but the results are the opposite to what I'd expect after reading the article!

Hi Giddy,

I am the oldest of four and the only one who suffers from anxiety so I do reflect what your article said!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Re: birth position in family and anxiety

I am an only child.
    My hubby, who has had anxiety and depression, is the youngest.
    Makes no sense at all then does it, lol.

I'm the 3rd of 5 (sadly only 4 remaining).

I'm the only one who has developed Panic/Anxiety Issues.

Interesting to see the reuslts though!

I'm the youngest of 3 and we've all suffered. Eldest is a sister who had major depression in her 20s. Middle is my brother who has suffered ongoing depression which hasn't kept him off work and I'm the youngest and have had major depression on and off for the past 6 years though thankfully am 'in remission' at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information