Thread: Severe sharp pain in right side of head :(

Severe sharp pain in right side of head :(

If you see in my other threads I have health anxiety and I'm worried I have a brain tumour.
    Just 10 minutes ago I had a super severe sharp pain in my head that lasted at least 1 minute. It never really happened this severe before but I still feel a dull pain in that area with a stuff neck :/

Re: Severe sharp pain in right side of head :(

the answer is in your comment about stiff neck. I have neck problems and I can get sudden severe knife like pains in my head, sometimes they shoot every few minutes for a day or so other times its just a one off.

Tight neck muscles for whatever reason ( injury or anxiety) can put presure on your neck nerves and alot of them go up into your head and ears.

Countrygirl, thanks for the reply!
    I have headaches constantly, there is never a time where I am headache free. Could that be apart of having a stiff neck?

NEck probems can cause 101 different symptoms as i found out many years ago when I was convinced I had a brain tumour. I had vertigo/dizziness/ weird head sensations/ crawling skin on face and head/ pricklong / weird ear symptoms the list was endless and after eventually getting a brain and neck mri it showed that the problems was in my neck!!

Have you been investigted for these symptoms at all?? If not then its reasonable to ask your Dr for a referral.

Country girl,

Oh wow. It's making me think it may be from my neck. But I'm not sure how pressure in the front of my head would be a cause of messed up neck :(

I went to the doctors once about this, he did small neurological tests on me, checked my blood pressure and everything was great. I went for blood work last Wednesday and I'm waiting for the results. He said it was anxiety but I'm still suffering from sharp head pains and so many other things! :(

Thread Information