Thread: Feel better after mixing dose up!

Feel better after mixing dose up!

Hi,

I posted a topic a while ago on here after going through a really rough time my doc put me on Mirtazapine to help with sleeping and eating.

That was around october and I have been on 30mg since december (i think)

Anyway even when I'm actually quite happy I never feel hungry, sleep is still a problem and over all my anxiety is still there and sometimes gets so so bad and i have ZERO sex drive.

Anyway I noticed I had a couple of tablets left in a pack and took one, the next day I woke up feeling hardly anxious at all and hungry! I never have an appetite and usually force feed myself! Yet I was hungry all day and feel much more possitive.

Last night I took the last tablet from that packed slept okay and woke up feeling hungry again, and it feels like my mind has cleared, I'm still a little anxious but my obsessive thoughts are much lower and I've got hungry at all the right times again.

I just looked at the pack and I've accidently took 15mg 2 nights in a row!

When I think about it I have NEVER felt hungry while on 30mg and always felt foggy in the head. The 2 days I acidently reduce my dose I'm hungry and clear headed!

Any one else experenced this going from 30 to 15? it could be a coincidence but I feel so much better on the 15mg dose!

I think I might go to the doc and see about reduce full time, but I am worried that my mood will plummet again, saying that I already feel like shit (except for today and yesterday) so it can't be any worse! The feeling of doom has certainly lifed.

Sorry this post is waay longer than it needed to be!

Re: Feel better after mixing dose up!

No-one can say for sure until you try it. Mirtazapine works differently at different dose levels, and every person is different. You can always get the doctor to continue prescribing 30 mg per day, and try 15 mg for a while. You can always increase the dose back to 30 mg if necessary. Mirtazapine responds a little more quickly than other ADs.

Good luck.

15mg was great for me for 5 years, as it helped me sleep, which in turn helped manage my anxiety which was always triggered by insomnia.

It's only the last 6 months that my anxiety has got bad enough to add another AD.

As hanshan says, 15mg may work well for you, 30mg and above is considered the therapeutic range for depression, but 15 can certainly help anxiety, and you may just be very sensitive to the effects and the lower dose will suit you.

Not specifically 30mg to 15mg but I know of a few people (not to mention there have been a few posts about it in this forum over the years) who have reported feeling a lot better, brighter, perkier when dropping down in dose with their medication.

I was only ever on 15mg of Mirt as that suited me fine. I didn't need/want to go up to 30mg.

We all have our best dose and it is different for each of us. Maybe you have found yours by accident. Go and see your GP I am sure they will be supportive of you trying 15mg for a while to see how it goes. Please don't worry about your mood dipping. You are not coming off the medication completely, you are just changing your dose to try and make your life better. It will be easy to fall back to 30mg if you need to.

thanks for the replies guys

Thread Information