Hi

I've had a really bad 3 months - felt really ill a lot of the time. Not sure if it's all down to anxiety or not. I've kind of convinced myself that I have a hormone problem (my thyroid level has gone down and I have low cortisol) but I don't know whether these things can be caused by a very stressed and run down system?

Anyway, I've had these horrible sensations come over me 4 times in the last 3 months. It feels like I've been injected with something that is creeping all through my body turning my blood icy cold and trembly. It lasts for about 10 mins, then goes off and comes back again in waves. Lasts about 3-4 hours in total.

Has anybody had this or got any idea what it is? It's freaking me out. I was thinking that it was to do with hormones. I've been to see a BUPA and I'm having some tests done this week. At first I was hoping that it would turn out to be a hormonal problem but now I'm scared that it might be something more serious and I'm now hoping it's really all down to anxiety.

Thanks