Thread: stopping meds (again!)

stopping meds (again!)

Hi everyone,

I stopped taking my lofepramine just over two weeks ago (I gradually reduced them first). Thing is I can feel a gradual return of the symptoms ie feeling low, reduced enjoyment, not wanting to go out etc. Do you think this is just adapting to life without antidepressants and its something I just have to grit my teeth and get through? Or I am just never going to get rid of this depression?

I cant bear the thought of having to take medication just to feel normal and I cant help feeeling its just papering over the cracks.

Does everyone experience this 'low' when stopping meds or should I be feeling great and getting on with things without a backward glance?

Any experiences?

Thanks

Coni X

Hi coni, I reduced my Cipralex from 20mg to 15 about 2 weeks ago and I think I am starting to feel it a bit now specially in the morning, I did cut down like this a few months back and felt terrible, then my son had a bad accident so I upped them again to 20mg. But this time I want to stay on 15 for a couple of months and if all goes well will reduce a little more. All I can say is give it a go and I suppose you will meet a few bad patches along the way. Maybe it’s like when we started them we had a few bad weeks before we felt better. Take Care. Vernon

Hi coni,I reduced my citalopram few months back and managed to come of them for three months.My depression returned,anxiety was much worse and the doctor put me back on them [V]I was gutted.But now my depression is much better.Some people just need a help pet.
    Take care

Ellen XX

Thanks Vernon and Ellen,

Mornings are bad for me too....Id love to wake looking forward to the day ahead, but I just wish I could hide under the duvet for as long as possible. This is my second go at stopping meds...I was off cipralex for a few months before I started these. I just wish I could stop analysing how I feel all the time....that in itself is starting to drive me mad....if I feel down is it the depression or is it just a 'normal' low that everyone gets. God will I ever feel 'normal' again lol????

take care

Coni X

I have now come off Sertraline after taking it for the last 2 years. So far so good. I had lots of blood tests last week and they have all come back NORMAL yippeeeeeee !!!!!!!!! I really feel that I am getting somewhere now.

Jenny xxxxxxxxx

Thats brilliant Jenny! Its good to hear when someones doing well!

take care

Coni X

Thread Information