My breakdown happened as a result of not sleeping and being alone at night. I went to the doctor who prescribed me zopiclone to 'get me through' until I got cbt. I was convinced that a good night's sleep was all I needed and I've been staying at my parents to help me get through the nights. I've not been keeping track but this is probably the 6th week of taking them. In the last couple of weeks I've been waking up around 4am despite the sleeping tablet and unable to go back to sleep so would wake up feeling groggy and my anxious thoughts/racing mind continuous until I got up and then I would feel relatively ok.

I had a really nice day yesterday and felt really good - this combined with the tablets not appearing to work I decided not to take one last night but I had the worst night - couldn't sleep, obsessional thoughts and feeling really bad all morning. I don't know whether to continue with the sleeping tablets to at least get some rest or not. I don't even know if my GP will give me any more when these run out anyway. I've been waiting for cbt since February but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep going like this I've been doing the online cbt but it's really not helping with my obsessional thoughts and I'm finding my anticipatory anxiety worse than ever I'm feeling drained, hopeless and desperate today