Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slightly blurry eye- (focus)

Re: Slightly blurry eye- (focus)

Thanks Aimee, sorry to sound like a freak but I get so worried. Do you or anyone here know about squint? Im sure its been like this for years but I only look through my right eye usually as left eye is weaker. Vision is perfect in both though apart from the slight stgmatism in the right eye. But now im concentrating I swear it may be double vision I get, i dont know. iM REALLY WORKED UP.
    Last edited by willous1; 23-05-13 at 14:27.

Yes they would have seen signs of it if there was a tumour.

Things like stress, fatigue, low lighting, viewing things at a funny angle, and having slightly poorer vision (as in the need for glasses, like us) can all be factors that can contribute to eye strain, along with many other things.

Don't worry about it, I'm the worst for worrying at the slightest change in my body.

I haven't had it since this morning so hoping that's it. Then it's on to next worry.

I'm really paranoid still. I'm constantly thinking and focusing about my eye and now it feels strained. Plus some things still look blurry at times. Anyone had this? Sorry but so worried. It's not really blurry bit even driving makes me paranoid as just keep focusing hard.

It's not easy to stop thinking about something you are worried about, especially with HA.

That said, if you keep thinking about it and focusing them when they are already focused, it will only strain them more (easier said then done, I know).

Apparently eyes drops can help with easing eye strain, Make sure you are sitting in a room with decent lighting as being in a room that is too dark/light doesn't help, eye exercises are supposed to help. You'll probably look a bit silly doing them though lol.

If you can find some way to relieve the strain that is already on them, it may help you start to feel better.

Hope you start to feel better soon

I went to the opticians and they just made my glasses stronger. She had a look in them but the rest was to do with sight?

She said they looked healthy and I was there a while but they did not do a pressure test? Just seen this would show Glucoma but they said they didnt need to do that? Now im still worried?
    Last edited by willous1; 25-05-13 at 10:42.

Hey, glad your test came out fine

I've personally never had an eye pressure test. Did you have to do a visual field test?. Seeing as glaucoma usually starts from the edge of your eyes and works it's way inwards, they would have seen some signs of it in that test. There are would be signs of it in a few of the other tests they do as well.

I was told that by my optician when I went a few weeks ago, as I was worried about it too.

I have squint since I was kid. Nothing wrong... I have the same... just ignore it and get on with your life. I agree, that eyes will go worse when you get older. It is part of life. My left eye is stronger and I use that more than my right one. I wear glasses and I have astigmatism as well. Hope it improves for you and try not to worry.

Starry x

I am still paranoid about my eye. I only had my eyes tested with Tesco about 3 months ago and my eyes were fine apart from a .25 prescription in right eye. So how come now Boots who did a thorough test are saying 0.25 in left and 0.75 in right eye. Does that mean my eyes are deteriating quick. Boots optician said my eyes were healthy and it didnt mean anything. However with my old glasses my eyes are perfect when I look through them so why the change. Would really appreciate a reply.
    Last edited by willous1; 30-05-13 at 09:31.

Can anyone help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information