Thread: Having a hard time being away from hospital

Having a hard time being away from hospital

In the last week and a half my HA has really taken off. It started with these terrible skipped beats and escalated into left side chest pain, shoulder pain, arm pain, back pain and jaw pain. Then came the faintness (nearly blacked out the other day walking to the car), sweating, vomiting and my heart going over 100 almost constantly. Been to the er I don't know how many times and they said I was fine other than the tachycardia. But I've always had weird angina-like pains when I run so finding it hard to believe them.

My cardiologist is finally arranging a ct perfusion scan of my heart to humour me, but until then I find being at home almost impossible. I'm taking xanax all the time just to not go nuts(er). I'm going to be in huge debt from medical bills. I just find it hard to believe I've had chest pains since I was four and no one's examined my coronary arteries for congenital abnormalities at all (one of the leading causes of cardiac death or near death in young people).
    Last edited by Freaked; 26-05-13 at 03:26.

Re: Having a hard time being away from hospital

have you considered talking to someone in regard to your health anxiety, my sister did this and it helped so much, might be an option for you. are you on any meds to help you? you should rest easy that you are going to have a scan and this will put your mind at rest take care blessings

Re: Having a hard time being away from hospital

Thanks! Yeah been popping the xanax alright; they do help me stay clamer and less nauseous sometimes but don't help with the other physical symptoms unfortunately. Recently started seeing professionals to try and help me get through this but it sort of feels like they just don't understand and they talk to me like I'm a kid or a moron. Just counting the days till that scan.

If it comes up clear then I can finally start trying to work through this illness no matter how disturbing the symptoms are. If not then at least I'll know why I was always the kid with chest pains in PE.

Thread Information