Thread: Pins and needles

Question Pins and needles

Hi all, right- to be clear i have got suspected cubital tunnel syndrome i my left arm- and this causes pins and needls. BUT- I have bee on sertraline for nearly 6 weeks.

The first 4 it was generic sertraline ina blue box-I felt some side-effects- vivid dreams and night sweats

then chemist gave me lustral- after a few days i had some horrid side-effects-my arms felt like they were burning!

Dr said lustral brand doesn't always agree with people and i to ask chemist for generic sertraline. However, it was in different box and different company (not lustral)

Now- i was thinking- oh - this is definately better than lustral but now i am getting loads of oins and needles in arms and left leg- it is freaking meout a bit! I looked at info and it is listed as side effect - but just wondered why its worse now (couold it be different brand again?

I am so torn- as broadly speaking i fel sertraline has helped (eating better, sleeping better) BUt side effects are giving me health anxiety!

any advice greatly appreciated, CCat xxx

Re: Pins and needles

Please can anyone advise? xxx

I can't really advise hun, because I am only just starting on meds myself and at a very low dose for now.

Pins and needles is a common anxiety symptom as you know. Hopefully your neuro appt will give you a definite diagnosis. Good luck. Xx

Hi Ccat, I am on day 8 of sertraline and have had lots of pins and needles and hot /icy flushes though my arms and legs. I have seen my GP and she said its possibly the meds as its a common side effect but if not its probably anxiety. The meds heighten your anxiety as well. if you are still concerned see your GP and get that reassurance. The burning sensation you talk if is exactly how are described it. Try not to worry. Apart from those sensations do you feel well? I did.
    Hope this has helped ccat

Thank you Charlie and Carefree xxx

Yes- I think the sertraline is helping with some things Carefree . I have had "icy" flushes too where I have gone shivery xxx

Hope your appointment went well today and it wasn't too stressful for you.

Been thinking of you.

J xxx

Ah- thank you for thinking of me J

The nurse was really nice- it wasn't too bad . She did say that it only measured for damage of nerves so it is possible if nerves are just irritated it wouldn't show up.

She asked me if i had thyroid problems- i did have a lot of symptoms of underactive thyroid last year- but had a test and it was in range- but it made me think maybe i should get it checked again- as it has been a year.

How are you doing hunny?

xxx

Bit better today thanks, haven't done much but a bit of washing and ironing. Went to the dentist this morning and found it quite relaxing, the hygienist had a very soothing voice and I felt like I could have gone to sleep if it wasn't for the gubbins in my mouth! I am weird finding the dentist relaxing????

Glad your appointment was ok, hope it didn't stress you too much.

Pleased that I ventured out on my own, but I did partake of my diazepam though as had my usual morning panic attack. Hate the ruddy morning, wish I could just magic myself up, showered and dressed for the day. Like I say, I am weird!

Take care.

ps Glad the nurse was nice. I had a thyroid test earlier this year and it was normal, have to have another one on Friday, my GP asked me to get one, not sure why?xx

J xx

Oh- you've done well hun!- I know what you mean- i had to have a horrid filling in the middle of feeling very anxious- and it kind of took my mind off everything else!

I think mornings are difficult- its when everything kind of hits you - and you have to motiavte yourself to get going,

I think anxiety/depression can be linked to both under- or over-active thyroid so it is best to check it again . Don't worry.

Ccat xxx

Thread Information