Thread: GP Visit requested by DEA at JobCentre

GP Visit requested by DEA at JobCentre

Hi i need some advice.I met with a DEA officer yesterday at the JobCentre and they have asked me to get in contact with my GP regarding an assesment to see whether i am fit for work.I am currently on Jobseekers allowance,but i was told yesterday that my anxiety issues could be an obstacle to me finding work.They advised that i may be entitled to ESA rather then Jobseekers.

I was asked to make an appointment with my GP ,but i am unsure of what to ask and i am starting to really worry about it.I have contacted the DEA i spoke to via email (she gave me her address and said i could contact her for anything) and i am awaiting a reply.

Another thing that is worrying me is whether i should tell my dad or not,because i know he will get annoyed.He wants me out there working and thinks all my problems will just go away "if i just got a job".But the truth is i dont know if i am ready to be working at present.My mind is so jumbled up at the moment,i can't get my thoughts in order

I need some advice.Please help.
    Last edited by sarahlou1983; 14-06-13 at 16:03.

Re: GP Visit requested by DEA at JobCentre

Explain how you feel to your GP and explain why your are there and the stress of benefits/job and get the docs opinion and hopefully then you'll have proof as your doc will take notes and this will all be documented.
    Just tell your doc - I'm on jsa at the moment they are forcing me down the path of employment but right now I don't feel I'm ready and feel if pushed I'm going to crack and can not afford too!

Pathetic....... Your dad and I genuinely DO NOT mean this insulting BUT anyone who has his attitude I really don't care who they are, I have NO time at all for mindless comments! I used to be a work aholic & now simply a stay home mum because of panic - it debilitating and crippling at times and that's coming from me a former work addict!!!!!

My response to people like this is ..... If u have never experienced severe panic - don't talk about things you have no knowledge about and assume work is the answer to my issues!!!!
    Work has been the cause of tipping many over the edge, soo??????

Take great care , good luck XXX

Make an appointment to see your GP and explain that the jobcentre advised you speak. It is their opinion that because of your anxiety problems they feel that you are claiming the wrong benefit and may be eligible to ESA. Your GP will take it from there. Just be honest and tell him how your anxiety affects you.
    Regarding your dad. You cannot force him to change his attitude but he should show you respect. You could try explaining how you are feeling and then ask him to accept even if he doesn't understand. If you can be open then it will at least give your dad a chance to ask questions, not necessarily now but he may begin to accept and want to learn more as time goes on.
    Your other choice would be to not tell your dad at this time about looking into claiming ESA. You are under no obligation to and it might be easier that way.
    Just make that GP appointment at the moment and take it from there.
    Last edited by flossie; 14-06-13 at 20:01.

The idea of ESA, although it pays your benefits for when you are unable to work, is to get you back into work. Although they do offer your support in the process.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thread Information