Thread: cholesterol

cholesterol

hi does any1 know what there cholesterol levels are mine was 4.4 i worry about heart disease as my dad had 3 heart attacks at 50 he is now 60 and ok at the moment ,my 2 grandads died of heart attack 1 at 55 1 at 72,i dont smoke,my LDL levels[ bad cholesterol] was 3 my HDL was 0.8 [good cholesterol] which is a bit low and my tricyglydes 1.3 making total 4.4 any replies would be apprecitated marcia xx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

I had mine done last week and it was 6 (bit high) and My good cholesterol was 1 which is low too.

Nicola

From my little knowledge of working for health screen doctors, yours sound like they are within recommended limits. Are you still concerned?

I've often wondered what mine are, but daren't have a routine test coz it'll only give me something else to worry about!

Hi,

I believe that stress can increase your cholesterol levels. Don't quote me on it, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. I had mine checked for the first time ever when my chest was feeling tight at it was 9.5!!!! Anything below 5 is great. Ever since then I've been on cholesterol tablets and I've been watching my diet.

When I went to my doctors I was feeling especially unreal and I had to say I think my chest is feeling tight, but I can't tell because i feel really unreal and I'm not sure whether I'm imagining it.

I had an ecg done as well and I had a panic attack then because my chest felt tight and I convinced myself that i was having a heart attack. Isn't it wierd (and horrible) that in your mind you feel that you're having a heart attack, but in reality (which can be a hard concept to get your head round), the machine says that you're mine.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

hi thanks for all your replies marcia xx

hi
    had mine taken about three weeks ago and it came back as 5 which the Dr said was good
    K

thanks for the replies marcia xx

Thread Information