Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Were you always a "thinker" as a child?

Re: Were you always a "thinker" as a child?

Hi yes, I was reading poetry and Charles Dickens, Jane Austen etc at the age of 9, I was very serious and curious and used to worry about everything! I used to find it hard to do anything without thinking it through for ages. So yes, serious and anxious from an early age that's me too.

I was quite isolated as a child, so didn't go and play with friends every day. Spent a lot of time on my own with my imagination. I think we are born with that type of energy, and some of us channel it healthily into their creativity or productivity, but others can't and it gets trapped and goes towards anxiety and depression. Almost as if we can't handle ourselves.
    I think some children are unsmiley, nothing to worry about much. I've seen a few toddling about looking as if they are trying to work out a riddle in their head the whole time.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I was like this as a child too. I always thought it was to do with my depression that I didn't laugh or smile often, even in very early childhood. But later in life I have been diagnosed with autism and I think the reason for me is more to do with being autistic, which means I am just not very expressive. Although it's true that I do have depression, I also do feel happiness a lot, but just don't show it very often.

YES! that is so me to! I have always been a thinker to. Taken in everything and not talking much. I'm so glad that I happen to stumble upon this thread because I'm have a very bad time right now. I'm starting to re-think this while being " Alive" thing. I'm having a hard time cause I'm not really able to talk to people very well I can talk but I always seem to not say the right things or don't know what to say to people and its really effecting my life. Does anyone know what I mean?

Do you mean you are wondering *whether* to be alive?

I think lots of people on here would say they have problems relating to people, but hey - we are all on here doing fine!

Yes to be alive. I'm not fine with dealing with the public. I hate how I am.

Which parts of your life are reasonably okay at the moment? Is there *anything* you look forward to, any friends or family you really get on with?

There is nothing I look forward to except sleep. I have 2 friends and they are busy a lot. I have a young son which I'm raising alone but I'm doing a real shitty job of apparently. I m not good at anything at all. Nothing.im good at being sad.

I guess somebody else has told you you are doing a bad job? If you are feeling this low, getting up every day for him is great parenting. You're good at spelling, so that's two things. How about cooking? When you're not feeling low? Or caring about people, when you're not so tired?

My mum had six children. She had me when she was forty five. I was the youngest and on my own at eight years old the others had left or married.
    Lots of people thought my mum was my gran.
    I read a lot, and was on my own. I could knit. My dad had tought me.
    We had no TV. I had a dog and spent a lot of time taking him out.
    Had a few friends, but had to play outside.
    I was quite happy then, but it altered when my mum decided to take in lodgers.
    Not the best time for me.
    I was twenty one when I left home to get married and we still had a lodger then.
    He was a nice man, he was the last -and best one.
    I had some happy times-but would not like to relive it
    Last edited by Magic; 05-07-13 at 08:44.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information