Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain tumour anxiety, could this just all be due to sinuses?

Brain tumour anxiety, could this just all be due to sinuses?

I've had head pains for a really really long time. Every time I lie down I get pains on the side of my head. I don't think that is all sinus related, but most recently every time I lie down or put my head back, I get head pressure on the top of my head and a bit of pain. When I look down, I get forehead pressure an head pains, I also get tightness around my eyes, and just an overall weird feeling. I also get a stiff neck with these symptoms. And I noticed that when I move my eyebrows I feel some pressure in my forehead.

Anyone else get this? Anyone think it could be sinuses? :( I'm hoping that's all it is.

Re: Brain tumour anxiety, could this just all be due to sinuses?

There's a good way to check if it is your sinuses. Gently press a couple of fingers onto one of the places where your head is hurting (classic is the cheekbones under and to the side of the eyes). If it temporarily relieves the pain, it is very likely to be sinus pain. I've certainly experienced this kind of pain with sinusitis, so it certainly *could* be - however I'm not a doctor!

It is possible you have something which needs antibiotics, and in any case it is always a good idea to get stuff checked out when it is making you so anxious. I really doubt it is anything serious, but it's bery likely something which can be put right pretty easily. You won't know if you don't ask...

Let us know how it went!

hi there again, i think you should have a scan or else you will always worry yourself silly i am sure that everything is fine though so dont worry yourself but having an mri will stop your worrying blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    There's a good way to check if it is your sinuses. Gently press a couple of fingers onto one of the places where your head is hurting (classic is the cheekbones under and to the side of the eyes). If it temporarily relieves the pain, it is very likely to be sinus pain. I've certainly experienced this kind of pain with sinusitis, so it certainly *could* be - however I'm not a doctor!

It is possible you have something which needs antibiotics, and in any case it is always a good idea to get stuff checked out when it is making you so anxious. I really doubt it is anything serious, but it's bery likely something which can be put right pretty easily. You won't know if you don't ask...

Let us know how it went!
    Hello, thanks for the response. I visited my doctor and he referred me to get an x-ray of my sinuses. I still have to book my appointment, but I'm still terrified of it being a brain tumour.

It was Canada day on Monday and I was looking up at the fireworks with my head slightly tilted back, and I started getting the pressure right at the top of my head, and some pain around the top and the sides. It really scared me, after about 20 minutes of not looking upwards it went away.

I tried doing what you told me but it seems like when I press on my cheeks or forehead, and even in areas around my head, the pain worsens. So I'm not sure :(

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aggiecuttler View Post
    hi there again, i think you should have a scan or else you will always worry yourself silly i am sure that everything is fine though so dont worry yourself but having an mri will stop your worrying blessings
    Hello, I know I should, but I feel like I would be so scared for my results :(
    I also am not able to lie flat on my back because every time I do I instantly get head pressure, an overall weird feeling in my head, and head pains. When I try to lie down and get these, it scares me so much that I quickly sit back up. :(

You can't carry on like this though - you have had this worry for a long long time.

Go and see the doc and get answers about it all

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, I should have put 'if it alters the pain' I guess! It could have hurt more when you pressed - that might mean it's gunky sinuses. You will know soon. Try not to worry, that is the most likely thing at the moment isn't it. x

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You can't carry on like this though - you have had this worry for a long long time.

Go and see the doc and get answers about it all
    Hi Nicola, I did go see my doctor two weeks ago. So, I guess that's a start. Just trying to call the place to get my sinus x-ray done, but I'm so worried :(

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    Hi, I should have put 'if it alters the pain' I guess! It could have hurt more when you pressed - that might mean it's gunky sinuses. You will know soon. Try not to worry, that is the most likely thing at the moment isn't it. x
    I'm trying my hardest not to worry. If I think about it, there's a good chance of it being a sinus thing since my nose is stuffy and it gets even worse when I lie down, and I also seem to have a lot of clear phlegm. Not much coughing or sneezing though

I know two people with brain tumours and your symptoms are not like theirs to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I know two people with brain tumours and your symptoms are not like theirs to be honest.
    Did they ever get a lot of head pressure?

It seems like every time I lie down I get very bad pressure, also when I look down and lie on my sides. The pressure is felt a lot more when I move my eyebrows. And I get head pains on the side of my head and top especially

That is CLASSIC sinus pain tbh. Much more likely than the worst-case scenario.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information