Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Lissa, that's what I thought too! Just like student digs lol!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments again.

I've given it some thought and decided I will write down my experiences. This acute period started on January 4th this year so I will start then. I will convert it into a PDF and upload it on this site if anyone is interested in reading it. If not, then I will have found it therapeutic just to write.

Speranza - I would love to read Ofsted the Musical! Don't keep that one hidden! I never worked as a nurse. I got my degree and never did anything with it. It's an Adult General nursing degree. I went from that to be a professional touring music photographer. This time last year infact I was being flown out to Valencia in Spain for a short 3 day holiday with a band I worked for, all paid for, then off to a big festival to shoot. What a difference a year makes eh? Now I'm being flown off to zombie town, paid for by the NHS, in the form of an antipsychotic tablet. The only similarity is it's as hot in my room as it was on the beach of Valencia.

David - WOW! My soulmate! Tvcatchup has been well and truly used! Before I got my laptop charger I had the app on my phone as well as Netflix. It sounds so small but what a difference it makes in a place like this! Would love to hear more about your story! Would be great if you could PM me! You've been through the woods and I'm still very deep in them so would love to hear your story some more!

I just went to stretch and relaxation class. I had to take a diazepam beforehand as the worries of the up and coming antipsychotic is really starting to scare me. The OT who ran the class offered me a neck, shoulder and head massage after the session too! Diazepam and a massage is a wonderful combo! Much like a nice cold beer on a cool summer evening.

Today has been quite a day for me. I sort of wish I hadn't seen the consultant first thing has that put me in a very negative mood for the rest of the day and that's not going to ease up until I wake up tomorrow morning and discover I'm still alive and haven't slipped into a deep sleep coma and that I am still connected to the world. I'm a bit less concerned now as the diazepam is still giving me a false sense of calm.

I will update as soon as I can regarding the medication. I might try to do a quick update after I've popped it. Might be good for me to vent my anxiety out and see how long I can fight the sleepiness for.

Thanks for everyones messages and replies and thankyou to anyone who takes the time to read my experience.

Steven x

Hi Steven

Just wanted to send my support and say how brave and strong you must be. You have plenty of people here rooting for you, stay strong.

Xxx

25mg Quetiapine down the hatch.

Scared, nervous, boiling hot and still awake. Starting to feel very tired but not sure if that's just me worrying about it and expecting it.

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Holy Mother of god this stuff is strong! I am freaking out! I feel like just before the general anesthetic has been given and you try to fight off the tiredness. Already had a freak out and called the nurse who gave me diazepam to calm me down. The diazepam plus this zombie tablet has knocked me completely sideways. So so so tired.

Hi Steven

Just caught up with your post! Oh dear they have done what I mentioned about from it being a different med!! Thought might be the next move for them.

I too think they don't give you time!! It's right try this next there all the same..

're your room, curtains (there that thin you might as well have none the light shining through) mattress OMG so thin, good job it's summer dread to think what blankets would be like. I hate sleeping in single bed no enough room to turn over.

When I was given quitapine,our later fainted lol ending up in ambulance a & e for 4 hours checked over bloods and told not to take anymore sent home.

Just go with the flow,try not to stress out (easy said than done your talking to the world's worse) but if your not happy tell them it's your body and your not a bin for them to put things into.

Your last big of your last thread had me laughing my head of!! Still keeps coming back into my mind and I start laughing. Sorry it's not funny, it's just the way you've written it.

Well you should sleep tonight luv! Take care xxx

Hey there, you obviously survived the night!

Just for you, Steve: You have to imagine it being camped up and sung to some generic Musical Style. This is where the new Headteacher has just found out that the previous head has taken all the documentation with him so they are going to fail their inspection. Stuart is the IT man... (Sorry, can't alter font size!)

Solo (Stuart)
    Ralph was a friendly kind of guy.
    He’d catch your eye if you were down, and ask you why.
    We knew he cared about each kid,
    So never questioned what he did;
    This was a happy place.
    Ralph made us all feel really good.
    He’d always have a laugh, and partied when he could.
    We all relaxed, for as he said,
    We got a really good Ofsted
    The term before he came.
    Ralph told us he knew all the rules –
    He’d been around for years and worked in many schools.
    And we believed him when he said
    That there was nothing more to dread
    For an Outstanding School.
    But Ralph was not a strategist.
    It’s hard to see the picture when you’re always pissed.
    And he accepted children here
    Who all the mainstream teachers fear
    Who no-one else would take.
    Ralph had a brief affair with Sue.
    The Governing Body frowned upon it, as you do…
    Although he said he didn’t mind,
    The guy eventually resigned
    And left in angry haste.
    And now I’m thinking about Ralph…
    Wondering just exactly what he did before he left?
    So many files have disappeared,
    Afraid it’s looking kind of weird;
    There’s nothing I can do.
    There’s nothing I can do;
    Not a thing, nothing,
    Nothing
    To help you…

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

Ooh it altered itself - and left out the verse breaks, sorry! I have the tune in my head but anything that works for you will do!!

Well that was the single most scary experience of my life....and I've spent 48 hours in a police cell.

Within an hour I felt like gravity had doubled. My eyes couldn't focus. I barely remember typing my last message. I experienced bad ectopic heart palpitations. I kept feeling like I was going to pass out. I panicked and called the nurse. She came to the rescue with a big dose of diazepam and sat and talked with me for 20 minutes whilst the diazepam kicked in. The diazepam only shaved off the internal panic I was experiencing. I tried to close my eyes to sleep but I kept jumping awake. Then when I would open my eyes, the world around me didn't seem real. My vision was distorted. I would see strange shapes.

I woke up at some late hour to pee. The walk to the toilet was like a walk home from a heavy drinking session, more steps sideways and backwards than forwards. I was half asleep and remember not 'aiming' properly into the large toilet. Thank goodness it's a wet room!

Right now I feel like gravity has tripled. I'm in my own bubble away from the world but it's not as nice as it sounds. I'm going to need more diazepam when the nurse comes around with my meds shortly because despite being calm on the outside, in my head, my brain is struggling with any sort of basic comprehension of the world around me and that's frightening. To some people, this might be a lovely break from the anxiety, not having physical symptoms, but to me, it's just increased the anxiety mentally thousand times and it's the scariest sensation ever.

I want this drug out of my system and for me to never take it ever again. I'd rather have a pineapple enema three times a day.

Just fell asleep between this sentence and the last.

Steven

Oh bless you, my song was a little misplaced after your previous upbeat update! x

Smile Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience Steve and that it was so frightening, at least the doctor can't say you didn't give it a try

Just because I can...

I wish I could make things better for everyone. Really touching this all is...

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information