Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Smile Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Hang on in there Steve rooting for you xx

Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Hello Steven,

Or what can I say,you must be a breaking point.

Thing is your proberly only in there to stop you self harming! It will be up to the mht to deal with the other issues you have.

once discharged you should be allocated to the mht (I know again) where you will have a care worker or similar who will work with you getting outside again slowly. It seems a shared as me that your just being left in your room, but that's nhs unfortunately.

When you were sectioned what was your section number,apparently it goes in numbers.

Sorry about your dad still being annoyed! But that doesn't stop him dropping something off at reception.
    What was your mum's excuse for not being in touch before now? Or did she not say.

It's bad enough when your in bed poorly for a few days looking at the same walls but as least you have some home comforts and some conversation.

Hope it picks up for you after last night's episode! And at least it's 5 more days of increased cipralex before the psych comes round again.

Xx

Thought I would give a quick update.

I am alive. I survived the Quetiapine experience. I'm so happy that I don't ever have to take that horrible drug again.

I spent the rest of yesterday both recovering from the effects and feeling rather sorry for myself.

Didn't had a great nights sleep. It was far too hot and it might of have something to do with the strong sedating effects of the night before.
    Have been fairly sleepy today but comfortable. I had a room fan now which is noisy but makes a difference temperature wise. Had a refreshing and much needed shower this morning. I find that my own personal care can let slip and has let slip whilst I've been ill.
    I didn't make it out for breakfast just purely because I was so tired. I made it out to a nice Stretch and relax class. To be honest, the class was just as strange as the first time I wrote about it but I've become so desensitised to the strange behaviour in here. Afterwards the OT offered me a shoulder, neck and head massage. It was bliss. Very relaxing. She also offered to have a short walk with me outside the ward to get me accustomed to the outside world again which is lovely! I can't believe no one else has offered anything! I'm finding her to be the nicest member of staff in here and she has all the time in the world for me.

Now for a rather crude but true story and I do apologize if you're easily offended to not read this next paragraph.

I'm a 28 year old guy and all my friends are the same age as me roughly. Being guys, our sense of humour and the way we show we care about each other, is very different to females. We spend most of our time insulting each other and each others mothers but it's just what guys do with each other. Also if there ever is to be a prank played on someone, then it WILL happen. So stupidly I told my friends that the staff here have to screen and check ALL of my post just incase it contains any items that are forbidden. One of my friends decided to use this at his mercy. Today when I passed the nurses office I was told there was a package for me. I wasn't expecting one. She said that I needed to open it in the nurses office. The nurses office was rather full of staff. So I was looking rather happy at the package sent! What could it be? Who was it from? My mind was asking all these questions! I opened the package and pulled out the item. To my ABSOLUTE embarrassment, it was a male sex toy for the bottom.....
    I couldn't believe it and all the nurses looked at me in shock! I had to explain that it's obviously a prank played by my mates! They told me I could keep the item as it was safe but I told them I didn't want it!! I told my mates on our text group we have and they died with laughter and owned up! In hindsight it's very funny but I don't think I've ever been so red in my life! I can't make eye contact with the nurses ever again!

Crude part over!

I think a friend is coming to visit me today which will be nice. Starting to miss human contact a bit. Unfortunately I still get very anxious when a person is coming to visit. I miss human contact yet I find it aggravates my DP.

I'm rather relaxed also because the double dose of Escitalopram is no longer going to cause any nasty surprises and I won't be seeing the p'doc until next week so I don't have to worry about what the next drop of poison will be! For now I will just try and have a comfortable weekend.

To answer your question Clio, apparently I'm no longer sectioned but if I said I wanted to leave, it has to be approved by a doctor and in my current state they still wouldn't allow that and place me under a further section. I have nowhere else to go anyway! I'm technically homeless. My dad doesn't want me back and I don't want to go back.

Thanks again to everyone's wonderful messages of support and just to anyone that has taken the time to read my story.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Steven xxx

Hi Stephen, i can't get on the internet much due to being abroad on holiday but just wanted you to know Im still thinking of you stay strong hun x x

Was wondering where you were

Lol Steven so funny!! Can just imagine your face.

Sounds like you've had a relaxing day, I love having my head massaged its soooo relaxing you stop want it to stop.

So did you actually go out for a short walk then? It good when you have somebody that's caring and you connect with. She prob took to you.

Glad your friends visiting today,you can prob catch up and some face to face contact. when seeing people think it brings the anxiety out in us,but after 15mins or so you'll start to relax.

Take care xx

That's so funny I would have been mortified! Although I must confess I hid a large 'rabbit' in my friends hand luggage when she was flying to thailand some years ago. She nearly died when she went through security and still brings it up when we go for drinks!

Have a good weekend Steve and enjoy seeing your friend x

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Steve,

Your sense of humour seems to have come back today!!!
    I live in Wiltshire so I dont know how close that is, but if I could I would visit. I remember people visiting was brilliant for me. But I know what you mean about the anxiety before hand.
    Hang in there!!!! We are all rooting for you and love your story being told.
    yes you are and intelligent person and your life will come back to you.
    I could not walk outside for a week in hospital and it was the OT guys that got me walking round the gardens....keep asking them and your confidence will grow.

Ask about Minfulness aswell...it MAY help...it does me

Take care

Sarah

HAHAHAA oh dear...

I work with a load of guys and that is just the sort of thing they would do !

Glad you went to stretch, had a massage AND a walk in the garden, all small steps that will help. You sound a lot calmer today The therapist who you went for a walk with is probably glad of your company as you are probably the only 'normal' person in there who can hold an intelligent conversation!!!

Hope your weekend is calm, keep blogging!

Karen

Steven,

Surrounded by nurses, massages laid on and a sex toy - people pay good money for that kind of thing!

You seem to be a bit perkier after you anti-psychotic horror. Hopefully your ADs will really be starting to work now and you'll see an improvement. I think a walk outside everyday sounds like a great idea - you don't want to come out with pasty white legs, do you?

Your room reminded me of halls of residence too. I had a very similar room at university and I was probably sharing it with equally strange people.

Take care

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information