Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Everyone on here is doing more than enough to help me. Just by being so supportive. Every day when I log on and see all the wonderful messages, it really does make me feel great.

I just wish this 'acute' period of anxiety (6 months) would lesson slightly so I can start to get some sort of a life back. If I could just get 10% of my life back I would be a happier person and could build on that.

Thank you all so much once again. I just hope that one day I am able to offer back the same level of support that you all have shown me.

Steven xxx

Hi Steven, I`m so sorry to hear of your terrible incident and that you became so ill you had to be hospitalized, although it is the best place to be. I hope the double dose of meds kick in quickly and you will feel a bit better soon. Take care

Flori x

Hi Stephen, well done for going to the class your really trying hun and it breaks my heart reading your posts as i was in the exact position last year minus the sectioning, you are showing such bravery and determination to beat this cruel illness which you will do i promise, keep going hun you should be proud of yourself x x

I've just caught up with your story steveo and wanted to let you know that I will keep you in my thoughts. Look after yourself and take advantage of all the help offered to you.

Loved your latest update, well done on going to the stretch and relaxation class, your description was brilliant. Even though you are in a dark place at the moment, your sense of humour comes through in your posts. Are you keeping a diary, if not you should and perhaps write a book later on, I would definitely read it.

Well done by the way for getting through your assessment, and also coming out of your room to do the relaxation class

Steven, I think you are amazing. I don't know how I would have coped being locked in a police cell-I think the fact you got through it is a sign that you are much stronger than you think.

Well done for attending the class today, it was a huge step to come out of your room and join in. focus on the things you have been able to achieve since hospitalisation and not on the the things you can't do yet.

I would definitely go to the mindfulness session if you feel able to, I have heard so many positive reports on how it has helped people through anxiety. If you enjoy it there are lots of good books which discuss it in detail.

I follow your updates and wish you all the best.

You can get through this

If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

hi steven
    how is it going? bet the weather is getting to you stuck in hospital it
    must be very stuffy with a tiny window open. tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter and its always hotter down south. how are the meds going?

take care xx

Smile Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Hi Steven hope everything is going ok, and your panic is easing

Hi Stephen, hope your ok hun, been thinking of you x x

Hey,
    I know it's scary but more than likely the side effects will ease up but if not you do have theoption of going back to your previous dose.

I do understand the feeling strange, for me it's hard to explain but I feel like I can tell when it's the medication causing it lol

Aw I thought the hospital might have air conditioning... but then hospitals tend to be rather warm normally. Sorry about the heat, I know in Ireland this weekend and next week is meant to be a bit cooler.

well done for leaving your room! Honest I know it sucks but with anxiety and depression sometimes you need to do the opposite of what you feel like doing.
    It can help to ask yourself if you want to stay in your room, or is it the anxiety trying to control you.

Take no notice to that girl laughing at you, think about what type of person you'd have to be to actually laugh at people! It's kinda funny considering she's in the hospital too, I guess maybe she was trying to boost her own ego which is rather sad.

You should write a book or maybe a short story, I find your posts very interesting to read : )

I do get the unrelenting anxiety, I had it rather bad for weeks, months?
    My mind would race, I couldn't sleep, eat, shower, I think I spent most of the time having mini panic attacks, I had that horrible unreal feeling and fearing I was losing my mind.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I do think part of your problem is that your body is exhausted, your nervous system is sort of gone in to over drive and it's hard to break the cycle.
    Seriously once you get out go for a short walk every day, make sure to eat healthy and regular, drink lots of water and try to engage in some social contact. It does make a big difference.
    It's sounds simple but it will be hard enough when you suffer from anxiety and depression but it's worth the effort.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information