Thread: Convinced I'm dying

Convinced I'm dying

Hi everyone,
    I'm a 19 year old female and Iv been struggling with anxiety for a few months since I had a nasty chest infection.
    Trouble is since then Iv had multiple infections and stabbing pains throughout my chest and abdomen.
    Iv been told I have ibs as the ultrasound scans showed nothing of concern.
    My throat is always full of mucus and Iv also been told I have acid reflux/Gerd
    However I am sure the doctors are wrong. I'm sure I have cancer and will be dead soon. I'm scared to sleep in case I die and leave all my family and boyfriend behind.
    Someone please reassure me on my symptoms!

Re: Convinced I'm dying

Hi

I have heard that acid reflux can cause pains in your chest. I dont know why but I have read it on multiple websites. So thats what is probably causing it. I suffered really bad acid reflux/indegestion when I was pregnant and I got pains in my stomach too. Sometimes a burning feeling. But ibs is would cause a sore tummy.
    As for the mucus- it is probably remains from your chest infection.
    So I think you are fine. If you are very concerned about your symptoms always best to make an appointment with your doctor and explain what you are worried about

Good evening,

Trust me I know how you feel, that's how I was, I have the abdominal pains aswell but my dr told me its where im stressing over them and causing my muscles to pull/strain, and I already injured them hense the pain, I have had a bad mucus cough now for 5 weeks and got told at the same appointment that it was because of my tooth infection, ia lso have a very slightly raised lymph node, I know what you mean though, the dr tells you one thing but we still believe its another...

Hope this helps

NEIL

Quote Originally Posted by Panicbox View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a 19 year old female and Iv been struggling with anxiety for a few months since I had a nasty chest infection.
    Trouble is since then Iv had multiple infections and stabbing pains throughout my chest and abdomen.
    Iv been told I have ibs as the ultrasound scans showed nothing of concern.
    My throat is always full of mucus and Iv also been told I have acid reflux/Gerd
    However I am sure the doctors are wrong. I'm sure I have cancer and will be dead soon. I'm scared to sleep in case I die and leave all my family and boyfriend behind.
    Someone please reassure me on my symptoms!
    Ok... There is nothing to suggest you have any type of cancer

Thread Information