Thread: my story similar to one below about mom's health

my story similar to one below about mom's health

hello

I have always been an anxious person, and usually an anxiety/depression phase is started every time my mom gets ill. You see 10 yrs ago she was diagnosed with a cancer which she thankfully has been well, but ever since then I've been "cancer-phobic" and every time she gets sick I get anxious.

I recently (2 weeks yesterday) went to my GP as I wasn't handling everyday life very well and was put on remeron. Started slowly and worked up to current 15mg/twice a day dose. I don't know whether I feel better or not. I'm still anxious and today is really bad since she's going to the dr for some very worrysome symptoms lately so at noon I'm also going to take 1/2mg victan.

Does anyone else here have a great fear for someone else's health? This is starting to affect my marriaga as I have little patience for my husband and kids. This past night after I again declined intimacy (and believe me he is right it has been too long and many other men would be long gone), my husband yelled out that if I really wanted to change the medication would have helped me feel better by now. I was deeply hurt by this comment but can see that he is partially right.

Not sure what I'm hoping for here, just some company I guess.

Hi there,

yes i can relate to your post. As well as my own heatlh fears i do worry very much about my family and can drive them mad with it. If they show signs of illness i get totally paranoid until its gone. I sometimes don't know how they put up with me.
    But comments like what your husband said really do not help. My husband gets cross (understandably) when i ask for reassurance and sometimes says i'm not listening to him or that i seem to like being like this!!
    I know that he only says it out of frustration and worry for me, as i'm sure your husband does.
    Hope your mum is ok, take care,
    anx x & you are definately not alone

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hello,

A big warm welcome to you. You will meet lovely people here who offer great advice. Never feel alone we are all in the same boat.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Thread Information