Thread: Darkest before the dawn? New SE 5 weeks in..?

Darkest before the dawn? New SE 5 weeks in..?

Hi,
    Day 33 and I feel as though I have plummeted down a lift shaft. It's not intolerable - I've finally got out of bed and showered, and will go out for lunch to be amongst people for a while - but low feelings were not a part of my condition, so I'm wondering, could it be a new side effect this far in? I know low mood is a known SE of Prozac.
    I'm telling myself it means the drug is kicking in enough to produce this SE and will begin to work wonderfully soon; even if it's rubbish, it makes me feel better! It has been very grey for three days after over a week of glorious sunshine, and my cat isn't well, so that will undoubtedly be in the mix. But that wouldn't usually make me feel like this.
    Any thoughts, anybody?

Oh - and yesterday I had the weirdest thing, I felt as I walked along like I was about two feet high! I used to fleetingly get that when I was a little girl, I would be lying in bed and feel myself shrink and be certain I wouldn't be able to reach the floor if I tried to get out of bed. I have had it since but this was for a few minutes as I walked along - hard to describe but it certainly felt druggy!
    Last edited by Speranza; 23-07-13 at 12:03. Reason: Added a SE

Re: Darkest before the dawn? New SE 5 weeks in..?

fluoxtine/prozac is a strong med and can have side effects. i am on fluoxtine and it can make you feel detatched a bit, and yes it can make you feel more down before it has fully kicked in, but each day you are getting closer to the meds kicking in fully, if you have any questions or issues feel free to message me blessings

Thanks, I think it was just cos I've gone this long with hardly any SEs. I'm hoping if they are starting, it's cos I am beginning to get it into my system and should really feel the benefits soon...

Hang in there. Moment by moment, day by day it will get better.

Thanks!

yeah i've seen alot around this forum about how the side effects are worse before they get better. i had all sorts of yucky SE's until i hit week 5, then i had a week where i was coming back to normal and it was great, now in week 7 (8 on friday), and the SE's are back - and i hate it.

it sucks but you'll get through it!!! at least if your getting SE's you know there must be something working haha, though in my crazy head, i always think the SE's are something else... (brain tumor etc etc...).

hope your feeling better soon! x

I wouldn't mind, but I'm not even taking it for depresssion! I had headaches for a week or two, then nothing to speak of, now tiredness and a few mood swings, but I'm perfectly prepared to hang in there - thanks guys!

Thread Information