Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help! Feels like heart jumping in my chest

Exclamation Please help! Feels like heart jumping in my chest

Okay, I am starting to get REALLY freaked out over this now. It's starting to happen regularly. It happened once yesterday and now once today. It usually only happens every now and then. I really can't explain the sensation, but it feels like your heart has jumped in your chest, and your chest feels really weird for about 5 seconds afterwards. I wasn't out of breath or anything like that, nor do I have pain, but this is really creeping me out.. I told my parents but they're saying it's nothing.. I'm really scared that I will have a heart attack.. I am 18, by the way.

.....and a ninja.

Re: Please help! Feels like heart jumping in my chest

Hey Rls1994!

This reminds me of my first panic attack that I ever had, the whole heart jumping out of your body and not being able to breath.

Have a butchers at the NHS panic disorder page (cannot post links sorry).

Have a look through the symptoms too.

Hopefully this has helped.

I get that alot it feels awful but I try and stay calm and I've heard that lots of people get it too I would try not to worry easier said then done .... I think it's more common in anxious people too .

Thank you. The thing that scared me the most is, I'm never stressed or worried when it happens, but sure as hell am afterwards. I could just be sitting still all relaxed and it happens. :(

I do have GERD I think, and a suspected Hiatus Hernia.. I don't know if it might be related? It feels like it's coming from my heart though, not my chest itself.

.....and a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Thank you. The thing that scared me the most is, I'm never stressed or worried when it happens, but sure as hell am afterwards. I could just be sitting still all relaxed and it happens. :(

I do have GERD I think, and a suspected Hiatus Hernia.. I don't know if it might be related? It feels like it's coming from my heart though, not my chest itself.
    Defiantly go to your Doctor's and get it checked it, best to be on the safe side - probably nothing to worry about anyway. Yeah, when I get panic attacks, my heart beats super fast and my chest tightens.

Did your chest tighten during this?

Will have to wait a while. :( Takes AGES to get seen by doctors these days. Hmm, I don't get tight chest but I guess it feels like there might be air in there. I'm not sure, though. It's such a weird sensation.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

By the way, thank you both for replying SO fast.

.....and a ninja.

Will have to wait a while. :( Takes AGES to get seen by doctors these days. Hmm, I don't get tight chest but I guess it feels like there might be air in there. I'm not sure, though. It's such a weird sensation.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

By the way, thank you both for replying SO fast.
    Yeah, if it's a panic attack - they are absolute nightmares, but "if you're going through hell, keep going". Did you feel like you were not in control of your body? Like a sense that you were just going to faint and not wake up?

No problem.

Hi hun

Some symptom are hard to explain.

When I was acute.

I has something similar a symptom, on its own, just sitting not really doing anything much. Mine felt like my heart was rolling over in my chest, very bizarre , mine was defo, anxiety related.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

@26 - Hmm, I felt out of control when it happened, but not before that. I'm feeling absolutely fine now, though. It's weird, it only happens every now and then. It's not like it happens several times a day or anything. Usually just once in a day.

@Jill - That sounds exactly what happened! I am always nearly anxious, even when there's nothing to be anxious about. :( Ugh. I hate it!

.....and a ninja.

@26 - Hmm, I felt out of control when it happened, but not before that. I'm feeling absolutely fine now, though. It's weird, it only happens every now and then. It's not like it happens several times a day or anything. Usually just once in a day.

@Jill - That sounds exactly what happened! I am always nearly anxious, even when there's nothing to be anxious about. :( Ugh. I hate it!
    Yes, sounds like a panic attack to me.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Panic-d.../Symptoms.aspx

Have a butchers there, this helped me understand about my panic attacks a bit better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information