Thread: Quick advice needed

Quick advice needed

Hiya, dont know if anyone will read this in time. i dont know what to do.

Im feeling really anxious and dont know whether to go into work or not. I need to leave in 15 mins and I'm all over the place. I feel tired panicky and sick.

Should i just go to work and hope that distracts me or take the day off?

Like I said, I need some quick advice, thanks.

Ok, well ive decided not to go into work, im beginning to freak out even more now and cant concentrate on anything.

Does anyone know where the off button is in your brain? I really nned to find it to stop my thoughts from racing.

Hope I made the right decision about not going into work. Visious circle......I now feel guilty about taking a day off because of this.

Don't worry, you did the right thing.
    Take a few deep breaths and try to slow your mind by concentrating on one thought at a time.
    Work will survive without you for today.

I personally would've gone just to prove it can't win.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

hi sixy you have done the right thing.now you need to try and calm down,rest and relax as much as poss today i know its hard but you can do it.keep your mind busy with something is the only advice i can give, sorry i dont know where the off button is but if you find it let me no please lol.keep calm and hope you feel better soon take care tracy

I think you did the right thing,try and spend the day relaxing.you do not need to feel guilty you have an illness.Are you on any meds?Maybe you need to see your gp.
    Take care

Ellen XX

Hi Sixy, there are mixed feelings here in your replies. I would have gone in. It's OK to have the odd day off when we feel like this, but it can become a vicious circle and end up in long-term sick and the usual "depression" on your sick note. If it happens again, why don't you try and get yourself there, see how you feel, and if it all becomes too much for you, just make up some excuse and go home. At least you've tried that way.

This is the worst thing in the world as far as employment is concerned. A lot of employers have no sympathy with sufferers of panic and anxiety. I work for a local authority, although they are sympathetic, I have had more than my fair share of warning for having time off. I daren't have any time off now, so I have to just face it and come in whether I feel like death nor not. I've managed to overcome it and not run out of the building yet lol!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Les

Hi sixy

If the thought of going made you feel so bad, then maybe staying off was ok this time. But its hard not to get stuck in that vicious circle of anxiety.

Sometimes if I find it hard to face something, I break it down into really, really small pieces. Going back to work after summer hols was unbearable. But I decided that I would get dressed and see how I felt. Then have some breakfast (to take my meds). I could only bear to think about 10 minutes at a time. But I managed to get to work. And I gave myself permission to leave if I really needed to. I also decided to have an honest chat with my boss so he would know that I might sometimes need some time. Luckily for me he was really understanding.

I got through that first day and survived. It got easier as the weeks went on. Try not to feel guilty. This is an illness like any other. Just try to relax and get some sleep tonight. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Lisa.

Hi Ma
    I'm with you . My greatest fear is that avoidance will lead to even more avoidance.That's why I push myself to do things.It also proves to me that I CAN do them in spite of the anxiety and panic.
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Thread Information