Thread: fluoxitine

fluoxitine

ive just dropped from 40 to 20 mg fluoxitine i was only on 40 for bout a week but it was too strong and i wanted to sleep all day dr told me to stop for 2 days then start back on 20mg, have done that but still feeling quiet tired does any one know how long it takes to level back out this my 11th week on pills

Re: fluoxitine

I was just on 40mg for 3 days, it took me a couple of days to feel comfortable again. It may take you a day or two longer since you were on the higher dose longer, but you will get there soon.

i really hope so im goin away on tuesday, at the moment it feels like i waiting for and worrying bout things that mite or mite not happen.

The more you think about it, the tougher it is. I have a bad habit of thinking on it too much. It is hard not to, especially on bad days. It's like when you go to bed. If you think, "If I go to sleep now I'll get 5 hours of sleep." Then an hour later, "I'll get 4 hours if I can go to sleep now." This gets us too focused and we end up not sleeping.

If I think about how I feel for very long it increases my chance of having a panic dramatically. I've been trying to practice pushing through the bad thoughts and trying to do things to get my mind off things. It's not easy, but it does help. If I start feeling bad and I walk outside, do chores, or call someone to talk it helps distract me a bit while the episode passes.

Sometimes it's overwhelming and NOTHING seems to help, but a lot of times it does help to ease through the worst anxiety.

I think by Tuesday the higher dose should be gone and you should be able to handle things better.

thanks for that, have just packed cases so getting there

Thread Information