Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous but hello!

Nervous but hello!

I am a newcomer, and nervous but I am determined to try anything to get over the overwhelming anxiety and panic attacks. Each day I wake as though my accelerator is stuck and my heart is racing. I feel as though I will burn out or go down with an illness if I keep going with this much adrenalin inside me. Its been like this for a year, since I nursed my young sister through to when she died. I coped well then ! I just didnt expect to feel like this now! (I actually have had a problem for years about motorway driving too, but I just put that down to getting more nervous after having had children.) As I write, I must own up to totally avoiding going in the car with friends. I drive the school run each day, but have managed to avoid going on the motorway for seven years!! Oops. I get sick and shakey- upset tummy. Im shaky as I write it down now. Can I ever get back to normal?

Hi and welcome to the forum.Its not surprising your feeling like you are with what you have had to go through pet.You will get some great advise here and make many friends.Your not alone in how your feeling,we are all in similar situations.
    Take care

Ellen XX

Hi Batchelor

A BIG warm welcome to you! Lovely to see you here, you dont have to be nervous here, we are a great bunch !

Im sure you will find lots of great advice here and make new friends.

love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Batchelor,

Welcome too the forum. Don't be Nervous we have all felt like that so you are in the right place.

Mel

hello! i'm new too, it's a bit scary isn't it?!
    still, you've made the right decision coming here for help and you can get back to normal, have you seen a counsellor or anything?? they have some brilliant advice for learning to control panic attacks and things and although it takes time, you'll get there in the end i'm sure
    good luck, hope to speak to you soon x

Welcome! I am still pretty new here too. The people are very nice. After what you've been through with your sister I am not surprised you are going through a rough patch. My condolences on your loss. Have you been to a doctor to talk about the way you have been feeling?
    I have panic disorder so badly that I don't drive at all, and I have even been homebound at times. At least you're still getting out into the world.

http://www.livedtotell.com

Helo Batchelor!So sorry about your sister,how devastating for you!Many of us here have nursed a loved one who has died[mine was my dad]also coped well till after the event then BAM..it hits you!You may need grief counselling hun!Or just need to grieve properly for your sister.Strange how we keep on going on auto pilot!As 4 the driving .oh there are so many of us with the same problem hun ,you will be amazed and relieved too!Do read Nicola's driving post,she is a real inspiration!Lovely to meet you.Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Hi Batchelor,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

HI and welcome , i to cannot bring myself to drive on moterways ,i m not much good as a passenger either. you will find lots of help on this site and you will get back to normal,one day at a time eh. feel free to p.m. me anytime lorraine

Hi Batchelor

Lovely to see you here and welcome.

I am sure we can get you back on track with your issues.

I have problems with driving too and have just finished 16 CBT sessions which have really helped.

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information