Thread: I really need some help and advice

I really need some help and advice

I had a chat with one of the doctors where I work yesterday, and I was telling her how I was feeling (I saw her back at the start of the summer). What concerns me most is my "IBS" type symptoms which I have had investigated, and I was reassured at the time, but as they haven't settled I am worrying about them again.

However, she picked up on my palpitations, listened to my heart and did an ECG, which is showing ectopics or missed beats or something (she did explain but my mind was so busy working overtime I didn't take it all in). The outcome of which is that she doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but is going to show it to a cardiologist to get an opinion on whether it needs investigating further.

This has completely freaked me out now, as my heart wasn't something I was worrying about! Maybe because you don't hear of many 35 year females that have heart attacks (but you hear of lots with cancer).

Now I am getting thumping and racing pulse continually!!!

Anyway, my questions and concerns are:

1) What am I doing to my body by getting so stressed out ? What other damage am I doing that I can't see or feel?

2) How can I break the cycle of worrying?

3) Has anyone else been diagnosed with IBS - I worry that mine isn't IBS because I don't have the classic pain/cramping, I just have abnormal bowel movements (either loose or small and pellety or nothing at all - never "normal").

I probably have loads more questions so I'll update this later, but I just needed to get a few things out of my head.

Hope someone can help, I'm so sick of feeling like this.

hiya

sorry u r feeling so bad, when i was pregnant with my son i always had a fast heart beat, i worried myself stupid over it, i think when we have tests we panic and that probably caused your heart to beat fast or miss a beat, i know when i panic i can instantly hear my heart beat in my ear, i dont know the damage it can do, im sure u will be fine if the dr said that,

take care
    leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

You will be fine and when your results come back itll just be another box you can tick off and reassure yourself with the fact that its just one of anxieties little tricks.

Some doctors need a kick up the ****. My mum is feeling quite anxious at the moment and she wetn to the docs last week - he took her blood pressure and said 'yes, too high' . My mum then explained she had been feeling quite anxious in the waiting room so would that have anything to do with it. To which he replied 'that wouldnt have pushed it up to that extent - its sky high' Of course my mum went home and panicked for the week thinking she was on her last legs, feeling worse than ever before. She finally returned to the docs and saw a different one who said her blood pressure was fine and just up ever so slightly. My mum explained what had happened with the other doc and she agreed that (in her words) he had been ' a little naughty'. Just goes to show you how the way you are treated or spoken to by them can also affect your feelings.

Thanks for your replies. But I can't fault the doctor here, she was very reassuring, it's just me!!!

Can anyone help with the IBS questions???

Hi there,I was diagnosed with ibs.Im usually very constipated or loose.But more constipated,and when its like this I get awful pains.That bad I used to think I was having an appendisitis.This has been going on for about 20 years.Im still here and no appendisitis!!!!!!!!
    I thinks its all part of anxiety and stress.
    Take care

Ellen XX

I went to the docs 2 weeks convinced I was going to be diagnosed with IBS as I can't stay off the loo (like you) and some foods are going straight through me - like fruit!

I am also bloated and feel pregnant.

I don't get any cramps or pains though. I am NEVER constipated lol - far from it!

Anyway he has put me on a LOW fibre diet so there are certain foods I can't eat each day. It was going ok till today and now I feel bloated and not sure what I have eaten that I wasn't supposed to.

He never even suggested IBS just said I had to do this diet for 2 months then go back!

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Thread Information