Hello my name's is Shell, I'm 45 and I'm new here ( apart from a couple of posts yesterday). I've been on anti depressants for 14 years and have remained well throughout.However, 2013 has been a very difficult year for me on all fronts- relationship, family life (my kids went to Canada for 2 mnths to visit their Dad- still there), and a failing career, culminating in a bit of a melt down two weeks ago. I could not stop crying, felt hopeless and helpless and overwhelmed with crippling anxiety.

The doctor decided that I would benefit from an increase in my dose of Prozac from 20 mg to 40 mg. Nine days on since the increase, my rollercoaster mood swings (from depths of despair to normalty) have settled, (I still feel pretty flat and numb most of the day), the stomach churning anxiety has gone, but I still have no appetite and I can't feel joy/happiness. Most of all I feel foggy and exhausted.

From reading this, can you tell whether I am making progress or is it early days? I just want to feel better again. I want to feel that joie de vivre and excitement for what tomorrow brings...

Advice and thoughts most welcome.

Thanks for reading x