Thread: Soooo glad I found this forum

Soooo glad I found this forum

I too want to get pregnant but so scared about taking my meds while being pregnant. I have always told myself I will get off of them when I do.

I have health anxiety and it scares me to death! The feeling of I'm going to fall over and die!

I got pregnant in Dec. and had a misscarriage only after 7 weeks. Since then my anxiety has been worse. And since then it has turned into health anxiety.

I want to get pregnant so bad and I am married now for two years and it is time, I am not getting any younger. 36 now.

Hopefully some of you can shed some light oh this subject. Anyone else going thru the same thing?

Re: Soooo glad I found this forum

Hi there,
    I'm sorry about your loss. No wonder you feel fragile after that.
    My advice would be to read 'pregnant on Prozac' it's a brilliant book that helps you weigh up the pros and cons of taking medication during pregnancy.
    I started CBT whilst trying for a baby. It has really helped prepare me and develop coping skills.
    I was very anxious about getting pregnant due to anxiety, OCD and panic. I so wanted a child with my husband that I just couldn't let it stop me. The anticipatory anxiety was much worse. I have been remarkably ok so far. The odd wobble and worry but nothing unmanageable.
    Good luck

Thank you so much for the advice and reply Starlight. I will look into getting the book. I wish I could try CBT but afraid my insurance wouldnt cover it. I havent checked into it yet. I feel the same way, I want a child with my husband too, and can not let this stop me! I have thought of maybe not having a child because of the HA but then I think this is something I have always wanted (to be a mother). Did you get pregnant? Do you have children now?

Hi there, yes I'm 21 weeks at the moment. Strangely my anxiety has lessened since about 10 weeks of pregnancy. Weeks 7-9 were pretty difficult with feeling sick and low, but since then I have been pretty good. I've had wobbles, but its shown me how strong I am. Knowing I can't grab for a diazepam has made me realise I can cope by myself.

A big trigger for my panic attacks has always been getting caught in traffic. That happened to me a week ago and I coped! I didn't have a full blown panic and I was so happy

It's strange but you're whole focus switches to something/someone else and I think that's helped me a lot

Please don't let it stop you x

So happy for you........I drive 30 minutes to work and I get nervous driving to work. Afraid I'm going to get into an accident or pass out. Hope things go well for you, good luck.

Hi

Just wanted to say we are also trying for a baby, & I have similar worries about coping with anxiety.

X

I can only be me, my minds a little broken, my soul you can see, this anxiety is only apart of me, look inside there's more of me to see. One day I can be everything I want to be.& then you will see there is more to me than anxiety <

Age 33
    Agoraphobic since 2003.
    Depression.
    Anxiety

Thread Information