Thread: i ate a moldy cookie HELP!?

Unhappy i ate a moldy cookie HELP!?

For breakfast today i accidently ate a moldy chocolate chip cookie, it tasted fine and wasnt even past its sell by date but i did notice green mold on the bottom. I have a vomiting phobia so im literally terrified the cookie will give me food poisoning and make me vomit, will i be okay? /:

Re: i ate a moldy cookie HELP!?

Hi Alex

Welcome along to NMP!

Yeah you'll be absolutely fine. I doubt a small bit of mould would
    cause you any harm at all. I've done it with bread before. Been
    half way through a sarni when I realized there was a bit of
    mould. Don't panic!

Lisa

Well to be honest firstly I would take the cookies back from where you bought them and ask them why their produce is going moldy when it's still in date???

I'm not a doctor so I have no idea what eating mold can do to you, but I wouldn't think it would do a lot of harm to be honest, and if you ate it this morning for breakfast and it's now gone 7pm, I would have thought that you may have noticed something by now, hopefully it will just be digested and got rid of in the usual way, but if you're worried you really should speak to a doctor

i have emetophobia too and worry all the time about barfing uggh but i have eaten bread without seeing mould spots and i wasnt ill try not to worry cos that makes me queasy tc

I'm somewhat of an emetophobe and I ate a mouldy nut, well I ate two! It tasted like paint so I don't know why I went for two lol! Anyway I thought they taste funny and went to the pot and they had white fluff in there and a little green! Well I panicked for what seemed like ages and I was absolutely fine! I'm sure you'll be be fine! It was only a small amount I assume so your body will deal with it xxx

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

I just realised this is an old post! What was the outcome xxx

Thread Information