Thread: SHALL I TAKE THE JOB

SHALL I TAKE THE JOB

Sorry about asking this but i could sure use some advice. I think i can put part of my anxieties down to the fact i have a job i am really unhappy in, but is paid quite well, i have now however the chance to go to a job i do on a part time basis, which is no where near as well paid but i really enjoy. If it was just down to me alone their would be no contest, but i have a wife and two great kids to think about.
    Just wandered if anyone else has been in a similar position and what they did.
    Thanx for reading this.

d.jones

HI Dave

It certainly dosnt help the anxiety if you are not happy in your work.

If you think you are going to like the part-time vacancy, could you not get another job as well part-time doing something that you would enjoy. I have 2 part-time jobs and it certainly helps to pay the bills.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Sometimes money is more important to people than happiness and we forget what is most important in life.

I am in a well paid job and not especially happy but not sure I could carry on living here if I took a lower paid job - but then I could be a lot happier! Hard one isn't it?

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

I was actually offered a job as head of our section (I am a social worker). It would have meant a lot more money, but I turned it down because I'm happy with what I do right now.
    I know it's not quite the same, but I am sure your wife and kids would much rather have you happy and poor than miserable and rich.
    I'd go for it, if I were you.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

Thanx guys it is a real hard one to call

d.jones

Yes it is. What does your wife think?

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

HI dave yes it is difficult, but think about it. YOU ARE NOT HAPPY , easy for me you will be thinking but you must go with what feels right. your wife i,m sure will feel happier ,and so will your children,let us know what you decide.

Hi Dave,

like you I was in a job which I think contributed to how bad I felt and I also agonised over changing. I think sometimes however much we hate something theres a strange security in it cos at least we know what to expect (if that makes sense???) I think if you were in a job you loved it would be difficult but you're not and who knows what new opportunities may arise? Have you discussed this with your wife? I suspect like the others that she would like you to be happy.

Coni X

Thread Information