Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety or brain tumour

Anxiety or brain tumour

I am really struggling at the moment.
    I’m finding it hard to believe that what I am suffering with is anxiety, I have had anxiety for ten years yet I have never had this feeling before.

I understand all about how our bodies work and why we feel the symptoms we do when we have anxiety but I haven’t felt anything like this before and I really don’t know how much longer I can take all this.

I have been having weird sensations in my head for the last week and I cant stop convincing myself I have some kind of tumour.
    Its hard to describe these feelings I am having, I have had the electric shocks in my head withdrawing from medication and these are similar to that only they are not the same. They are in my face and for a second it is like I black out and I feel vibrations through my head. My head also keeps kind of twitching and jolting on its own and it is really freaking me out.

Also the other day my vision was affected and when I was talking to a friend he seemed to jump from left to right, it was very scary,

I am worried about breast cancer and I keep thinking I have a secondary tumour in my brain causing this, or maybe some sort of epilepsy or parkinsons, parkinsons is in my family .Sometimes I can hardly move because I am so scared.

Im sorry I just am really struggling right now and my thoughts are swimming with all the scary possibilities, I cant believe the way im feeling is anxiety related.

x

Hi, I'm sure it is just anxiety but if it makes you feel better go and see your dr just to put your mind at rest!

Take care,

Polly

Hi

i have had these things in my head,they started by my ear and ended at the top of my head, like a firework going off in my head just in 1 spot, i went to the dr it was something 2 do with my sinus's i also had disturbed vision, it was horrible lasted for about 15 mins, it really scared me, i remember i had the head thing for about 2 days then it went for about a week then back again for a few days and that was the last time, i was also worried about brain tumors, i went to the optician as if there were a tumor he would see it through the eyes, well if it was a tumor affecting my sight he would see if if u understand what i mean. give a few days and if no improvement get your eyes checked,

leanne x[:O]

i just wanna feel normal

Hi,

I too have had very similar symptoms to what you describe. As leanne has said, mine too was to do with sinuses, I had a sinus infection which was treated by antibiotics, and the main symptom along with the bunged up and painful sinuses, was a headache in one area of my head, and electric shocks of dizziness, just for a few seconds. Like you, I was convinced I had a brain tumour, but have been reassured by doc that my symptoms would be very different if I had one.
    Try not to worry, it will make it worse, but by all means get checked out just to reassure you.
    A x

Thanks all of you.

It is reassuring to know that someone else has experienced these, so thanks for replying, i am starting to think maybe it is my sinuses now because when i was out walking in the cold and rain last night these sensations were worse, I read last night googling ( oh why do i do that[Sigh...]:() that symptoms of sinusitis are worse in the cold.

I also read other scary things about the different types of sinus problems but wont go into that just makes me feel worse.[Sigh...][Duh!]:(

I will try and buy some vicks later to try and help clear my head then see how I feel after a few days. I have trouble getting out so it is difficult for me to get to see my gp but fingers crossed it will improve.

Thank you,
    Hazy x

Re: Anxiety or brain tumour

I would like to help you out Hazy mind with an experience I have just gone through. My father died last month of a Glio blastoma brain tumor, he was 74 and up to February 07 he was a fit and healthy man. He was attacked in his home when the door was pushed on to him and he hit his head on the raidator knocking him out. He was scanned that night and there was no brain damage. In October last year we noticed that he began to forget things and peoples names, this steadialy got worse and we thought he had a mild stroke. On christmas eve we found him in a dazed condition hardly able to talk he was rushed to hospital where on a second scan he was found to have a massive tumor. The surgeon gave him three months to live and it was to the day three months later he passed away never having any pain or need for opiates.

I myself nursed him through the three months, I am a fit 49 year old man and have never been ill in my life, but three weeks ago I started getting terrible headaches a round the back of my head that last from waking up to going to bed also some shooting pains. This alone did not worry me but my memory for things in the past seems to be getting bad, i.e. can't remember films or actors etc I have always had a good memory for dates and people. I am now really worried and am now going to visit my GP. I have convinced myself I have a tumor but this site as given me food for thought that maybe stress could be at the heart of it. One last thing I find my scalp very tender at present. I will keep you posted on my outcome but rest assured my father did not have any of the symptoms you discribe.

Hi i had a brain tumour removed in Feb and never had any of the symptoms you described, mine was found by a seizure after they did a scan.

You can have headaches but yours sounds like stress/anxiety.

If you are worried though get in touch with your doctor just to be sure.

Take care pm me if you want.
    Mandy xx

sorry to hear about your father, i hope those involved were punished.
    This story has however, sparked my anxiety over a brain tumor back up again.
    I had a ct scan 3 months ago because i had and still have blurred vision, constant headaches, dizziness, tinnitus. My scan was clear but i still felt really awful. A month later i went back to my GP and asked for anothrer scan to which he refused although i feel i am getting worse. My GP assured me that it takes over a year for a tumor 2cm by 2cm to form on your brain and tumor that small wouldnt be big enough to cause symptoms. Obviously that was just to shut me up. This morning i woke up and the headache was there straightaway on the back of my head where you would fasten a bobble. Should i go back?

Quote Originally Posted by pigtailplaits View Post
    sorry to hear about your father, i hope those involved were punished.
    This story has however, sparked my anxiety over a brain tumor back up again.
    I had a ct scan 3 months ago because i had and still have blurred vision, constant headaches, dizziness, tinnitus. My scan was clear but i still felt really awful. A month later i went back to my GP and asked for anothrer scan to which he refused although i feel i am getting worse. My GP assured me that it takes over a year for a tumor 2cm by 2cm to form on your brain and tumor that small wouldnt be big enough to cause symptoms. Obviously that was just to shut me up. This morning i woke up and the headache was there straightaway on the back of my head where you would fasten a bobble. Should i go back?
    Well if you do he will just say the same. My best friend gets the most dreadful headaches she has to go to bed they are so bad-it is migraine. She has had these for a few years now and they are really debilitating .

Now the joke is that I don't get headaches (so far, fingers crossed) and yet I am the one with the brain tumour.

I get tinnitus (nothing to do with the tumour) and I get vertigo (this is caused by arthritis in my neck). So please don't go thinking you have a tumour and making yourself ill with worry..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhippy1959 View Post
    I would like to help you out Hazy mind with an experience I have just gone through. My father died last month of a Glio blastoma brain tumor, he was 74 and up to February 07 he was a fit and healthy man. He was attacked in his home when the door was pushed on to him and he hit his head on the raidator knocking him out.
    This alone did not worry me but my memory for things in the past seems to be getting bad, i.e. can't remember films or actors etc I have always had a good memory for dates and people. I am now really worried and am now going to visit my GP. I have convinced myself I have a tumor but this site as given me food for thought that maybe stress could be at the heart of it. One last thing I find my scalp very tender at present. I will keep you posted on my outcome but rest assured my father did not have any of the symptoms you discribe.
    Hi HappyHippy

Your story really rang a bell with me as my Mum died of a brain tunour (Grade 4 Glioblastoma) and it took her 5 months to die. A year or so previously she had been mugged and had also banged her head. It's very unlikely that my Mums attack and your father's were the cause of the brain tumours.

Another thing that struck me was that I also have memory problems, sometimes I'll forget the most obvious things. Sometimes I'll forget what I'm talking about as I'm talking and I think this is mostly stress related. It's possible that you're carrying unresolved issues related to your father and his condition and these are minifesting themselves as problems related to you. I too, along with my brother and sister nursed my Mum as she dies and found it incredibly stressful and even now, 2 1/2 years later have not dealt with it properly. My recent problems and having CBT might help but I'm not hopeful about the CBT as it doesn't seem to cover past events and 30 minute sessions don't leave a lot of time once you get past your instructions for the next 2 weeks.

Good luck and I hope you find some sort of resolution.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information