Thread: Never quite able to escape these intrusive thoughts.

Question Never quite able to escape these intrusive thoughts.

Ok so I've had this for ages now, but now it seems that when I'm tired, and my guard is down, they attack. The other day, I was layign in bed, about to go to sleep, when the thought came to me that I'd enjoy murdering someone, and my brain threw all these details at me, and that's all I recall. However, I was so tired that now, I can't remember enough to analyse this. Basically, the only real thing that I remember is thinking to myself 'This is gonna give me hell in the morning.'

Re: Never quite able to escape these intrusive thoughts.

You're not alone. I've been having intrusive thoughts recently and the worst thing about them is the more you try not to think about them, the more you end up thinking about them! Just know that you're not alone, it affects alot of people, I used to think I was the only one.
    The best advice I can offer is to talk about it, with whoever you feel comfortable with. If you don't want to a partner/parent/sibling then talk to a councillor or doctor. Getting the thought out into the open I found the best way. Then try to accept it as just a 'thought' because that's all it is. A thought passing through your brain that holds no significance. At times when you're feeling anxious or vulnerable your mind is latching onto them whilst in a negative mind state making it stand out and seem more real.

Re: Never quite able to escape these intrusive thoughts.

Thread Information